Prices Drops

Genner

If you have paid a regular fare (fun select) can you claim any OBC back on a pack and go rate ? or is it only if your fun select goes lower than the fare you have paid ?

Fare has been paid in full FYI

Ok same question if it were ES please ;)

Usually pack and go rates are for GTY cabins. If you are ES and want to get the obc, you have to be willing to give up your assigned cabin and then get whatever they assign you.

But, if memory serves me correctly, if GTY was considered a downgrade, then you're out of luck, cause there's absolutely no downgrades when you book ES.

IMO -- If you are booked FunSelect (or Past Guest, or 55+, or Resident, or Military) and you are before your Final Payment Deadline you should be able to switchover to the Pack-and-Go "Guarantee" booking, giving up your assigned cabin for a TBA cabin and at the lower pack-and-go rate.

ES price matching for Pack-and-Go (up to 2 business days before sailing) is: if a "Guarantee" rate for a Guarantee Category (OV, BL, ST) above your Category drops below your ES rate, you can give up your assigned cabin for a TBA cabin in the higher category, get OBC for any price difference, and remain Early Saver.

ken

IMO -- If you are booked FunSelect (or Past Guest, or 55+, or Resident, or Military) and you are before your Final Payment Deadline you should be able to switchover to the Pack-and-Go "Guarantee" booking, giving up your assigned cabin for a TBA cabin and at the lower pack-and-go rate.

ES price matching for Pack-and-Go (up to 2 business days before sailing) is: if a "Guarantee" rate for a Guarantee Category (OV, BL, ST) above your Category drops below your ES rate, you can give up your assigned cabin for a TBA cabin in the higher category, get OBC for any price difference, and remain Early Saver.

ken

Agreed, what is the possible benefit for people who book 6/12 months in advance and pay "good money" for their fare, when Carnival are offering stupid prices left right & center !!! the recent MTM & P&G rates are much less than what i paid, where's the loyalty bonus for booking so far in advance ??? :mad::mad::mad:

Agreed, what is the possible benefit for people who book 6/12 months in advance and pay "good money" for their fare, when Carnival are offering stupid prices left right & center !!! the recent MTM & P&G rates are much less than what i paid, where's the loyalty bonus for booking so far in advance ??? :mad::mad::mad:

Lots of people actually do very well with ES. I've seen posts where folks have racked up over $300 in OBC by booking ES. Unfortunately, some cruises don't do the price drops as much as others (i.e.- peak dates that fill easily, thus Carnival doesn't have to lower rates as much to fill the few empty cabins they have.)

I'm actually glad I booked ahead of time. My cruise is currently up almost $150pp from what I paid!

As I posted on another thread there is info coming from all sides.. no OBC no this no that... unless you book ES.. and others come back with they have received this and that even after final pymt not booking ES... MAKE the call to your PVP see what they say and let us know;)

If you get an OBC as a result of booking ES, and you don't spend it all (hey, it could happen! LOL), will you get a cash refund? or a credit against your credit card? or *anything*??

The last night of the cruise they will issue you the remainder of your credit in the form of a check.

Archived