Curacao Diving

DeepThinker

I would agree with G.C. You can find The Dive Bus website here. As a cruise ship diver they'll have you do shore diving from the shop. They cannot guarantee you'll make it back in time for the ship if you go for other shore dives they have to offer.

Suzy and Mark are a hoot and it is a nice place to dive (however I haven't been there since a hurricane passed by).

You can grab a cab at the ship terminal. Should cost you $20 for the cab ride (not per person). You want to negotiate the price of the cab before you get in the cab. When you are ready to leave The Dive Bus, someone can call you a cab. Again, negotiate the price before you get in the cab.

• 2 weeks later...

I did 2 dives with Ocean Encounters Diving on Curacao. It was booked through the cruise line (RCI, Adventure of the Seas) and was wonderful. Great place for the non-divers to hang out, over the top facilities and hospitality, and a very smooth dive operation with some great sightings. Myself and my brother in law went diving, the wives walked the beaches, had drinks, a little shopping. There was also an aquarium a short ways away which some families did. A few people with us were not from our ship, so I am certain you could book on your own. Enjoy!

Another Dive Bus fan here. The shore diving is fantastic and the people are wonderful. Battery died on my sons dive computer and since they didn't have the right size at their shop, Suzy (one of owners I believe) drove us to the local store so we could purchase one. I wouldn't dive with anyone else in Curacao.

I too will have to say the Dive Bus :). It doesn't get any better than with Mark and Suzy. Really great people and the diving is great. We dove with them last November and would not hesitate to use them again.

It was just my DW and myself with a divemaster.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Can you guys tell me the average cab cost each way w/ the dive bus? I saw prices ranging from $4/person to $20 total.

Thanks

Dave

The cost is negotiated. You need to negotiate the price BEFORE you get in the cab. Many will want to get moving and negotiate on the way to The Dive Bus but I have been told if you don't negotiate the price before you get in the cab and there is a dispute, the authorities will side with the cab.

Last time I was there I took a cab by myself to the shop and paid $10. On the way back there were two other people heading back to the cruise ship so we split the ride and paid $15 in total.

Archived