Sinfonia Cape Town to Genoa info needed

cocojohannesburg

Have booked the cruise from Cape Town to Genoa, departing 30 March 2012. I know it is still a long time to go, but would like to hear from anyone else who have done this cruise before or is planning on doing it sometime soon?. I would appreciate any info, comments, tips etc.! It will be our first long distance cruise and we are not quite sure what to expect !

That would be fantastic!! Are u doing a land tour after your cruise? We are planning on going to Pisa for a day before joining up with our tour in Rome and would like info on how far the train station is from Genoa port and also if that is the best option to get to Pisa?

Would also appreciate any info re:, what to pack( how many formal evenings ), what the daily activities were, any worthwile shore excursions to do and your general opinion of the cruise ? Hope to chat a lot still !!

• 9 months later...
Have booked the cruise from Cape Town to Genoa, departing 30 March 2012. I know it is still a long time to go, but would like to hear from anyone else who have done this cruise before or is planning on doing it sometime soon?. I would appreciate any info, comments, tips etc.! It will be our first long distance cruise and we are not quite sure what to expect !

Hi,

Also booked on this cruise, Also first cruise. Ive done a lot of internet reading, and my son has been on the boat twice out of Durban, last trip was 3 weeks ago.

Give me a list of queries and i will try and assist.

Going with my wife, both over 60 but quite active

That would be fantastic!! Are u doing a land tour after your cruise? We are planning on going to Pisa for a day before joining up with our tour in Rome and would like info on how far the train station is from Genoa port and also if that is the best option to get to Pisa?

Would also appreciate any info re:, what to pack( how many formal evenings ), what the daily activities were, any worthwile shore excursions to do and your general opinion of the cruise ? Hope to chat a lot still !!

Genoa Main railway station is less than a Kilometer from where you will dock.

I would think in easy walking distance.

Did you get further info, as i can let you have some web sites that i have found very helpfull

Hi cactus 99,

So glad to have heard from someone else doing the same cruise as us!!

We are from Klerksdorp in the North West province. Are you from Durban? We have done a cruise on the Sinfonia in Feb. this year (Dbn - Portoguese Islands) and 2 others on the Symphony a while ago. This will however be our first Transatlantic cruise and would like to know if it differs much from the local cruises ie: no. of formal dinners, Entertainment, excursions, etc.

Would really appreciate it if you could forward me the links to the websites you have found - all info welcome!!

Hope to hear from you again soon!

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, im sure we willl chat quite a bit

Do you know of anyone else on the trip from South Africa.

I stay in Randburg and this is my first cruse.

My wife and Son have both been on a number of cruises, and are more seasoned than i am, hence the reason for me doing a lot of web searching.

We are spending time in Genoa, Verona and Munich before travelling back. All travel by Train, and flying back via Doha with Qatar airlines (cheapest option).

I will draw up a list of helpful websites and send on to you.

My wife and i are both in our 60's, can i ask your age ?

E mail brian@sybaritic.co.za

Hi Coco Johannesburg,

I think train travel is the best way around Italy.

Dont book through Rail Europe, they are a agent.

Book up to 90 days ahead of your travel date at the Italian Rail site Trainitalia. Top right hand side gives you a english option,and you can get good "Mini" fares by booking in advance

We are going on the Sinfonia transatlantic cruise on 3 May 2011 from Cape Town to Genoa. Will update you when we return.

Hi Did yiu Do The Sinfonia Cruse infrom Cape Town in 2011.

Did you do any reports on the cruise, and what was it like.

I am booked for the return cruise to genoa this year leave on 30th March

Appreciate your comments or advice,its my first cruise Thanks

brian@sybaritic.co.za

Archived