Carnival Ecstasy passengers treated HORRIBLY!

dk3410

I have a hard time buying this, as I have never had a "stone cold" meal once at dinner time on a cruise ship. I think some peoples definitions of cold are different and more exaggerated than others.:cool:

Batman - you weren't served the COLD meal - I was. I am not a liar or an exaggerator. I know what cold versus warm food is. And I politely informed this to our waiter, to whom I also made mention in my post of our high regard for his service (AND we provided add'l gratuity at the end of the cruise). I also mentioned what a great room steward we had (we also gave him a nice extra gratuity).

My intent was not to just complain in general, but rather to express my view as to how passengers were treated concerning the ship's malfunction and upon leaving the ship. I did not just give a complaining, negative review of the entire cruise (if you'll re-read my post, you'll see that). I was very careful to give good recommendations where they had been earned. I thought that was what these boards were for - to give honest opinions - good or bad - about our experiences, as opposed to generalizing someone as "exaggerating." Again - you weren't there, I was.

DK3410, - why are you being so negative? (and SO RIGHT!!) It's Joe & Sheri here - your sometimes absent tablemates. Hope I wasn't the reason you got turned onto these boards only to have people flame you.Hope you & Mark got back OK - we didn't get home till 3:30AM. Enjoyed the company with you & Mark and Nacchi Cocum.

Thanks dk for your review. Man, that sucks! However, I am not surprised at ALL. You all boarded the ship the day we got off last week and I was so ready to be off the Ecstasy. I understand things happen and it sure sounds like most of the passengers were very reasonable and accomodating considering. The management of the Ecstasy STINKS. So does the food. I'll never sail on that ship again. I definitely wouldn't recommend it to anyone!!!

P.S. The cruise director Rebecca is an annoying twit. Geez!:cool:

JenX, while that is your opinion, it is ONLY your OPINION. We sailed on that ship in February and we had a wonderful time, wonderful service, wonderful food and no complaints whatsoever about the management.

Just trying to keep things in perspective! She is an excellent, albeit older, ship with an excellent crew who had a hiccup, tis all, if at all.

LMAO! Seriously her voice was like nails on chalkboard but it was her condescending, "you all are dumb cruisers, now please buy more stuff" attitude I disliked. And she had fugly glasses. :eek:

You're right, the Grand Princess and Elation are 7 years in service.

Rhapsody of the Seas is 8 years old; Galaxy is 9 years old. And -- when it comes back to Galveston later this year -- Splendour of the Seas is 9 years old. So only Ecstasy is actually over 10 years of service at this point.

None those ships show their age like what I've seen on the comparably-aged Elation (and I can't imagine that the Ecstasy, since it's 7 years older than the Elation, looks any better). Galveston passengers fill those ships up FULL week in and week out and does deserve better from Carnival.

Carnival's handling of this latest delayed ship episode sounds horrid! Do I also understand correctly that AGAIN they probably knew of this problem before the first port of call? Sound like they operate on the mushroom theory: feed 'em BS and keep them in the dark.

Actually, the Elation is only 7 years old, as is the Grand Princess. I have no idea how old Rhapsody or Galaxy are.

I'm with you, though, I love cruising out of Galveston, but after the Grand, I'm burned out on the Fantasy-class. If the Grand can fit, a Spirit or Conquest-class could fit as well, so why do we have the only 7-day itinerary featuring a Fantasy-class ship? Hello, Carnival!!! You own Princess, you can see the Grand is sailing full every week! We want new ships!

That said, though, I love the Elation, it's a great ship. :)

We've been on a bunch of cruises on various cruiselines. We've had a few experiences with engine malfunctions, weather changes to itineraries, etc. The Cruise Industry as a rule handles these as best they can. Most of the time the prognosis is unknown on repairs and unfortunately when passengers demand answers...they get speculation, at best. Weary travellers don't often handle those "answers" well, when they turn out to be..well "speculation". Just a couple of months ago, RCCL's Rhapsody had a change of itinerary due to weather. After being denied boarding until 4pm, we were informed 15 minutes before sailing that the itinerary was changing. The 21 people I gave this trip to for a Christmas present weren't real excited about substituting Miami for Grand Cayman...but hey - that's the hand we were dealt. We would have preferred more notice, some compensation - but it wasn't to be. So we just made quick arrangements via the internet and had a day in Miami. Sure some people didn't handle the changes as well..but that's the choices that you have to make.

I am assuming that a SAHM is a Stay At Home Mom.

We are sailing out on Saturday and I called Carnival today to find out about the status of the ship. They say that the propulsion is fixed, they had people on the ship fixing it during this cruise and there should be no changes to the schedule for the 3/12 sailing. I am keeping my fingers crossed since there are 17 of us going together, two families who have never cruised before!

Rockwall...

Our party of 12 had 8 who had never cruised before sailing on the Ecstasy 3/ 3-7. 4 people were in their mid-70s...

Everyone has called me to say how much they enjoyed the trip...even with the "glitch" in the git-up and the "self inflicted" debarkation debacle.

Try not to worry! Hopefully Uncle Bob got his wrench out and fixed up that engine trouble.

Archived