Help! Silcer Beach Club?

Cruising to Progreso next week, was planning to go to the Reef with my husband and 4 kids for swimming and beach day, but concerned about booking through Autoprogreso tours...sounds like beach time is only about 3 hours due to travel to/from Reef Club. Has anyone done the Silcer Beach Club tour through Criss Tours or on their own? I'm looking for some feedback on which one to do. Silcer seems to only be 10 minutes away, so thought more time may be spent on actual beach than driving out to Reef. Yet, Reef sounds nicer. Any thoughts! Thanks!!

Cruising to Progreso next week, was planning to go to the Reef with my husband and 4 kids for swimming and beach day, but concerned about booking through Autoprogreso tours...sounds like beach time is only about 3 hours due to travel to/from Reef Club. Has anyone done the Silcer Beach Club tour through Criss Tours or on their own? I'm looking for some feedback on which one to do. Silcer seems to only be 10 minutes away, so thought more time may be spent on actual beach than driving out to Reef. Yet, Reef sounds nicer. Any thoughts! Thanks!!

You don't have to go to a resort or beach club. The public beach is fine. Just pick a restaurant and sit on their beach chairs and they will run a tab for food and drink all day. You will spend much less than the cost of the resort. You can walk to the beach from the plaza where the shuttle from the pier drops you off. It is about 2 blocks. The vendors are fun to bargain with and will take "No thank you" and move on if you don't want to be bothered. There are also cheap massages available on the beach. We do the beach club thing in Cozumel and go see ruins through Auto Progreso or go to the public beach in Progreso.

There is a lady named Juli who gave me the info for crisstours just google it. You can wait and book once off the ship or online at crisstours.com. She said it was fantastic and if you click most any thread about slicer she has commented and in her signature there is a link to her review.

If I was planning Progreso(my hubby is) than I would go there or do as the previous posted said and go sit on the beach in front of Buddy's and do the beach/drinks/eats that way. No matter what you choose you will have a good time :)

We were at Slicer beach club last week and had a great time. 13 of us got off the bus at the market not sure what we were going to do and we were met by Criss he gave us a great deal and we got in his van. There was a large clean pool and the teens in our group enjoyed playing volleyball in it. There was plenty of shaded sitting areas and clean bathroom and changing areas. Some in our group made use of the kyaks. I took advantage of a wonderful 30 minute massage for $20 (I was so relaxed an hour massage would of been too long). We did the all you can drink and it was well worth it they even gave us softdrinks for the ride back to the ship. The salsa there is wonderful and I really wish that I had their recipe its not your typical salsa it has lime in it! YUM!

Archived