Anyone done the chef's table on the Triumph?

mzewe

Yep, that menu is spot on. I did it on the January 31st cruise and must say it was the highlight of my cruise. Everything was AMAZING and it was by far the best service the entire cruise as well. Chef Alan and all the assistants did a wonderful job. I couldn't say enough good things about it. I WISH I could cook like that...now I'm gonna have to take another cruise just to do it again

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1380348&highlight=chefs+table

Its 99% the same on all Carnival ships here is the menu. Its interesting but its a long night. For us it was from 6 to 10:00. Very good food and some things you may never had.

Thanks - I was not sure if every ship was the same or not. I am REALLY looking forward to this trip!

We just sailed on the Triumph this week and attended the Chef's Table. This was our menu as well. The Chef comes out to meet you at Dinner the night before to see if there are any special dietary requirements that he needs to know about ahead of time. It's a fantastic meal and the Chef was so interesting to talk with. He was a Chef on the Splendor during the cruise with the fire.

The evening starts in the Galley with a Champage reception and appetizers. There is an additional fun surprise in the galley that I know you will all enjoy.

After the galley tour, you head over to the room where the dinner will be served. For us, it was in the Library -- very nice. We reallly enjoyed dining and talking with our Tablemates. The Chef's Table is 4 wonderful hours of fine dining!

We just sailed on the Triumph this week and attended the Chef's Table. This was our menu as well. The Chef comes out to meet you at Dinner the night before to see if there are any special dietary requirements that he needs to know about ahead of time. It's a fantastic meal and the Chef was so interesting to talk with. He was a Chef on the Splendor during the cruise with the fire.

The evening starts in the Galley with a Champage reception and appetizers. There is an additional fun surprise in the galley that I know you will all enjoy.

After the galley tour, you head over to the room where the dinner will be served. For us, it was in the Library -- very nice. We reallly enjoyed dining and talking with our Tablemates. The Chef's Table is 4 wonderful hours of fine dining!

Thank you so much for that info. We are more excited about this cruise, I think, because it has been a little while since we were on Carnival last.

We tried NCL last year and had a wonderful time, but we did miss the food on Carnival as well as Chocolate Melting Cake!!!!!!! My wife and I both get cravings for the stuff quite frequently!!

So many cruises......too little time!!!!!!!!!

come on April 23!!!!

• 4 years later...
Quick question. How did you get reservations? I thought you had to book once you got on the ship -- at least that is what I was told when I called the Carnival 1800 number.

You cannot request a specific date. They only offer the Chef's table on certain days based on the number of requests. My husband and I just got back from the 12 day cruise on Triumph and they had the chefs table on 4 nights because of the demand, but they were all towards the end of the cruise.

You can email the matre'd before your cruiseand request the chefs table, or once you are onboard, just call room service and tell them you want the Chefs table.

It is worth the time and money, even if you can't pronounce all the dishes.