city short

Taken from RCI web page:

Suggested guidelines for these nights are:

con_bulletgray_ico.gif

Casual: Sport shirts and slacks for men, sundresses or pants for women

con_bulletgray_ico.gifSmart Casual: Jackets and ties for men, dresses or pantsuits for women

con_bulletgray_ico.gifFormal: Suits and ties or tuxedos for men, cocktail dresses for women

Remember, shorts, T-shirts, and bathing suits are not considered appropriate attire in the dining rooms at dinner. Casual dress dining is available nightly in the Windjammer Cafe.

If we are to strictly follow these guidelines[ not rules] as some are suggesting then skirts and capris are not recommened I have seen women wear very short mini skirts and very low cut tops.I have also seen men with dress pants and a nice t-shirt[no collar].I am talking about wearing knee length dress shorts not short daisy dukes or even bermunda shorts.

I agree with you that shorts can be dressed up. I personally do not wear shorts because there is a sign at the entrance to the dining room that states shorts are not permitted. It is also published in the daily compass each day that shorts are not permitted in the dining room for dinner. I just think people are making the distinction between what is "suggested" and what is "not permitted".

Some people have no problem wearing shorts regardless of the sign/notice. Others consider it impolite to wear shorts since the notice states "not permitted".

If you choose to wear shorts, it is unlikely that you will be denied entrance.

Indeed, but how long are you at the door? Maybe 7 seconds? Just saying. :)

If the number of folks walking into the MDR with shorts on is any indication of people being turned away I would say chances of being turned away are between very slim and none. No need to stand by the door. Just saying:):):)

Archived