The Mirubian's Guide to the Galaxy or At Least the Southern Caribbean: A Review

Sherrybaby412

We stopped at a sandbar about halfway back and spent 45 minutes or so there. It was cool. The water was only 3 feet deep but far from land. We also spent time looking at starfish. We were warned to not take them out of the water or they would be injured.

SDC10914.jpg

SDC10913.jpg

SDC10915.jpg

Back on the ship we ate lunch and rested up before dinner.

I know my daughter's toe was mentioned earlier but I left out how she injured. On the way to the ship on Friday, she dropped her luggage on her toe smashing her nail. :eek:

Well at dinner this night, she was talking and all of a sudden realized her toenail had fallen off. I will leave our gory details. The maitre'D called ahead to the medical center.

The hostess actually walked us down. We were met by the nurse who then called the doctor. She had to have her toenail fully removed. Yuck I know.

Overall the care was very good and the price wasn't too bad. $133.00.

We made it back for dinner. Our waiter had held our food.

After dinner, we went to bed. We'd had enough excitement for the night.

Here's a few pictures from our tour on Curacao. We did the Coastal and Country Drive.

North side of Curacao at Boka Tabla Park.

2324945090055185403S600x600Q85.jpg

2937347320055185403S600x600Q85.jpg

2002316500055185403S600x600Q85.jpg

I don't remember where the next pictures were taken (Playa Kenapa maybe) but the tour guide called it "Our Temptation". It was very tempting.

2699656620055185403S600x600Q85.jpg

2685563370055185403S600x600Q85.jpg

2061197650055185403S600x600Q85.jpg

Dominican Republic: Our 3rd Port

We weren't too excited about this port and had decided if no excursion to just stay aboard.

Alex found some interesting info and pics on Saona Island. So we decided to go there for the day. :D

You mentioned you caught a boat to Sanoa Island right where the ship docks - was this a Carnival excursion? Sounds like an all inclusive type of thing? Can I ask the cost? Sanoa looks beautiful - maybe not the banana sling things though :o

You mentioned you caught a boat to Sanoa Island right where the ship docks - was this a Carnival excursion? Sounds like an all inclusive type of thing? Can I ask the cost? Sanoa looks beautiful - maybe not the banana sling things though :o

I would like to know all this, too. I have gotten several ideas for our Miracle Wait'ers cruise next Jan from this review. This is a great review!

P.S. SherryBaby, I can't get that song out of my head now, thanks :cool:

Grand Turk: Our 4th Port Day

We had the snorkeling with stingrays excursion booked for today BUT with Jenn's toe injury, the doctor said she had to keep it dry. Luckily we were able to cancel and got a credit.

So we spent the day shopping, eating at Margaritaville, shopping, walking to Jack's Shack, did I mention shopping? :rolleyes:

SDC10918.jpg

SDC10925.jpg

SDC10922.jpg

SDC10951.jpg

I cannot express to you how beautiful this place and the water was.

When you walk through the duty free shop, you can go to either the left or right and make way to the beach. We noticed the beach of right was rocky and no one was there. Beach to left was very inviting. Free chairs , beach and sunshine. Who needs more?

Oh did I mention the shops ate the cruise terminal? Plus Maragaritaville? The swim up bar at Margaritaville?

Great & fun review! Loved all the pics! I've been wanting to go on that itinery, but never saw a good photo review of it till yours! thanx so much for the hardwork & time you put into it! Now i have some clue on the ports & how they look except grand turk been there & loved it!

Archived