what is your favorite dish in windjammer?

Instead of getting desert in the MDR, my wife and I will go to the WJ -- where they have a selection of cheeses (Blue, Gouda, Swiss), which we bring back to our cabin along with some grapes ... a cognac from one of the bars ... and a chocolate chip cookie from Cafe Promenade.

Like the old Shaker hymm, "Simplicity is Key" ...

Michael

Haven't tired it but read a thread and a lot of the younger set and older really like the mash potatoes. I'm a carb addict so I have to steer clear or I would be swimming in potatoes.:p

I am another one who just loves the mashed potatoes.

Another vote for the mashed potatoes!:p Really surprised as to how good they tasted.

...The other thing I look forward to is the mediteranian salad...love that feta cheese. :D

Oh so glad to hear you mention this salad...I was on the Freedom in 2007 and we went to the private island on Haiti. The most memorable thing they had for their lunch picnic was that salad!!! We will be on the Oasis in October and I for one will look forward to the Greek salad. Thanks.

I'm one of those that avoids the Windjammer as much as possible, for many different reasons that have been mentioned here one time or another.

On a 9 night cruise, I will visit the windjammer maybe 3-4 times, including the traditional embarkation meal.

Another vote for the Honey Stung Chicken, Mashed Potatoes and the Oatmeal at breakfast. There is a white fish dish that I love as well. I am not sure of the name, but it is baked with finely diced tomatoes, onions and peppers.

Instead of getting desert in the MDR, my wife and I will go to the WJ -- where they have a selection of cheeses (Blue, Gouda, Swiss), which we bring back to our cabin along with some grapes ... a cognac from one of the bars ... and a chocolate chip cookie from Cafe Promenade.

Like the old Shaker hymm, "Simplicity is Key" ...

Michael

Does Room Service still have a cheese plate?

Yes

I would also mention how much I liked the omelet bar with jalepeno! You don't find that everywhere. I am not a big scrambled egg person put loved this omelet!

1st picture is the honey stung chicken and second is the omelet.

1934244895_Cruise2011-VoyageroftheSeas013.jpg.8b2d4b843f9c4eca9afc3c69e5bb5c24.jpg

85050158_Cruise2011-VoyageroftheSeas121.jpg.a29cde3fc5c292f5a98c9cd332393c49.jpg

I was last on board for a 14-night Transatlantic in 2010... room service had cheese plates at least half those nights. I didn't check every night, but maybe I should have... :D

-Dito

Cheesehead

Honey stung chicken. Only served on embarkation day. There has been mixed reviews and it seems if you are on board within the first 30 minutes of boarding it can be as tasty as I remember. If not on board quickly, it can dry out and be over heated to the point of toughness.

I am also a fan of the Honey Stung Chicken. I also like the Fruit tarts. I think they only have those on Embarkation day too. :mad:

Archived