Did you sail to Bahamas recently?

AandBmom

If so, can you comment for me on the weather you experienced in port and at sea on the way? I'm going in 2 weeks and I know weather can change but I'm just looking for a general idea of clothing to pack. Did you need a jacket, sweater or pants? Was it warm enough at sea to lounge around in a bathing suit? How about in port? Were evenings warm or cool? All info would be helpful. Thanks.

We were there 2 weeks ago. It was sunny, and the temps was around 75, but there was a slight wind. It was chilly on the ship once the sun went down. Especially the first night leaving Miami. We weren't cold while sailing in the Bahamas at night, but it was still windy. The temps at night in the Bahamas were in the low 60s. You probably want to bring a sweatshirt or light jacket and long pants or sweats. We didn't have long pants except for our dinner clothes and were looking for something to buy on board.

It was also cool in the mornings, but warmed up nicely. We went in the water at Coco Cay and it was shockingly cold (even for us and we are from NE were the ocean is cold even in the summer) when you first got it in. It was supposed to be 74, but it didn't feel like it. We were actually warm sitting on the beach. The next day were were in Nassau and went to the beach, but it was a little cool until later in the day because there was a breeze. We didn't go in the water, because it wasn't hot. During the day it was warm enough to wear a bathing suit, but it got chilly quick once the sun went down.

If so, can you comment for me on the weather you experienced in port and at sea on the way? I'm going in 2 weeks and I know weather can change but I'm just looking for a general idea of clothing to pack. Did you need a jacket, sweater or pants? Was it warm enough at sea to lounge around in a bathing suit? How about in port? Were evenings warm or cool? All info would be helpful. Thanks.

We were there last week. We were in port each day so only at sea in the evenings, when it was chilly and windy. I can't speak for what it would be like during the day. I'd suggest a light sweater or light jacket for evenings.

In port, it started off a little cool in the mornings but warmed up nicely during the day. It got hotter as the week progressed. We were fine with shorts and t-shirts.

You didn't ask about water temps but in case you are interested, it's still cold.

Hope that helps!

We just returned from weekend in Nassau and Coco Cay where the sun was positively blistering. We sought shade everywhere we went. Days were near mid 80's. Water was warm enough that we went on long snorkles without wearing the skins we had brought with us. Take a high SPF. On our return to Port Canaveral we experienced cool rainy Monday morning, a shock after what we had just experienced. Bon voyage!!!;)

Anyone this past week?

AandBmom, also keep an eye on the reviews for your ship (in the review section and the forums for your cruise line). As people get back and write about their experiences, they'll probably include details like what you're looking for.

AandBmom, also keep an eye on the reviews for your ship (in the review section and the forums for your cruise line). As people get back and write about their experiences, they'll probably include details like what you're looking for.

Thanks, I've been doing that for the last while but the reviews have been few and far between. I'll keep trying though. I also follow the weathernetwork, but it's hard to really get a sense of the experience from just numbers.

We were on the Disney Dream 3/24/11-3/27/11. At Port Canaveral we were comfortable in shorts and short sleeves. It was fairly windy so once we got soaking wet on the AquaDuck water slide, we were cold and wanted to wrap up in a nice, dry towel. In the evening it cooled off some, but we still wore shorts and short sleeves, though a light jacket would have been nice. In Nassau we were comfortable all day in swimming suits, and actually got a bit warm at times. When we snorkeled, the water seemed cold to us and I was glad they gave us the option of a wet suit. At Castaway Cay, my family wore shorts and short sleeves and was very comfortable riding bikes. I wore a long-sleeved sun shirt and at times, felt uncomfortably warm when we were not moving. At night things again cooled off a bit and a light jacket would not have been a bad idea.

We sailed there on the Jewel last week. We swam and snorkeled at the private island and in Nassau at Atlantis. The weather was in the 80's and we have sunburn to prove it!Water was a little cool at first but it was great once you were in!

We were in the Bahamas March 25 and 26. Both days, the weather was in the 80s -- very comfortable swimsuit weather. The water temps were comfortable for splashing/swimming. Cool when you first enter, but you quickly get used to it. I am not one to tolerate cold, and I was perfectly fine. So were my kids.

On the way down from Charleston, the day time temps were comfortable for shorts, swimsuits, etc, but on the upper decks, it got a bit too windy. At night, it wasn't too bad, maybe a little cold/windy. We didn't spend much time out there. On the way back to Charleston, the day time temps were great and the wind was not too bad at all. Unfortunately, it rained the last night, so no going outside at all. And it was very unseasonably chilly upon arriving back in Charleston. But that was apparently unusual, so shouldn't be a problem now.

Archived