Which restaurant Murano or Tuscan Grille?

Martini60

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

If I could only choose one, I'd definitely go with Murano - but if at all possible I'd encourage you to try out both. They are both excellent.

Tuscan Grille is an Italian style steakhouse (though they do have a decent variety on the menu of non-steak items). Murano is a fine dining type restaurant with a fancier menu and that is French inspire. Some of the dishes are prepared tableside. If you can only pick one, you'd have to decide if a steakhouse or fine dining type establishment would be better suited for you. If you are meat-and-potatoes type people than Tuscan Grille would be more to your liking; if you enjoy fancy restaurants than Murano would be best.

As Gonzo70 pointed out Tuscan is an Italian inspired steakhouse Murano definitely feels French. Both are great in terms of food. But are very different in regards to the menu and service. Murano feels much more like formal dining than the Tuscan. The Tuscan Grill feels like a Smith and Wollensky or Daniel's Broiler ...a teeny bit more fun than Ruth's Chris. Personally, I think Celebrity does such a good job with service I don't need another notch up into a very strict almost white glove type of dinner. I like to crack a joke here and there with the wait staff.

Having said that if I'm in the mood for some French Cuisine and everything that encompasses I would choose Murano without hesitation.

The point is they're both great but it's up to you whether you want Mexican or Asian, they're just different.

Archived