Snorkeling? St Croix or Grenada

Raenstoirm

We have two free port days on our cruise and we want to go snorkeling on at least one of them. I know St Croix has the national preserve thing, but it is over an hour away from the cruise docks so you waste a lot of time in transit. The Grenada snorkeling (at least the one on the RCCL cruise planner) has the snorkeling boat docked near the cruise pier so that is a plus, but I am not certain if the area is as pretty. We are doing an all day tour of St Lucia during the trip and there is a little snorkeling on that tour, but we want to do a little more.

Which island is better? Should we use the RCCL ones or is there a private outfit that is better?

We loved the Buck Island snorkeling off of St. Croix. We did the RCCL excurions but our dinner table mates did one with a private outfit. I can't remember what the names of theirs was though. There was only 10 of them on their boat and they got to stay out way longer than we did. We only made one stop but their boat made several.

Archived