Cabo time vs. ship time

stargate fan

We are sailing Carnival Splendor in 8 days :D We have a private tour booked for Cabo. The lady I've been dealing with told me that Cabo is on mountain time. Does the ship stay on pacific time or do we change to mountain time as we head east and cross over the time zone? The tour is from 12-4, Cabo time. What's that in Carnival Splendor time? :confused:

I tried the search feature, but all I got were threads and posts that had any of the above words. :(

Thanks.

We are sailing Carnival Splendor in 8 days :D We have a private tour booked for Cabo. The lady I've been dealing with told me that Cabo is on mountain time. Does the ship stay on pacific time or do we change to mountain time as we head east and cross over the time zone? The tour is from 12-4, Cabo time. What's that in Carnival Splendor time? :confused:

I tried the search feature, but all I got were threads and posts that had any of the above words. :(

Thanks.

From my personal experience on my last 2 cruises to Cabo, Ship time always matched Cabo time.

And I think that seems to be the rule in general to all Cabo port stops.

Thanks.

The captain (who is the final authority on the subject) will announce at some point the exact time that the ship's time changes will take effect.

The clocks will be set forward an hour some time before it arrives at Cabo and they will be set back some time on the drive back from PV.

On a side note, the boundary between the two time zones occurs at some latitude (I'm too tired to look it up) as opposed to most boundaries which are on longitudes.

Thanks.

I have taken 2 cruises to or through cabo and had differant experience on both for time change.

We went on Spirit for a 7 day and they changed time to mountain but

When i went on a 4 day via Elation the time never changed on ship so we arrived an hour late and I had a private tour booked, and they did have a driver there.

And for info the locals can see when the ship is there so if you have a tour booked then I am sure they will be there.

Archived