Coral Princess....bumper cabin balcony...any pictures?

SheriNtexas

My friend and I are booked on Coral Princess in cabin B504....we will be in Alaska, doing a southbound....we plan to be on that balcony a lot, looking at scenery, etc. We are concerned because these cabins stick out from the side of the ship....we are curious about whether or not the balcony is "boxed in", so to speak...we know it has a cover, but what about the side of it? Does that make sense? We have heard that these balconies get VERY wet when it is raining....does anyone know about these cabins in rainy conditions? Does anyone have a picture of either this particular cabin or one like it? Thanks so much!

I haven't been on the Coral but have sailed on her sister ship, the Island Princess. I found this website prior to our cruise in January that shows photos of the various types of balconies on both ships. I hope this helps.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

Bon Voyage!

Chris

thank you SO much!! It was a HUGE help!!!:)

We are sailing on Coral April 24 to the Panama Canal. We have cabin B431 (which is in the front of the bump out) I also was concerned about this balcony being wide open. When we get back I will report on this type of cabin. I've had "hump" cabins on RCI and loved them.

My friend and I are booked on Coral Princess in cabin B504....we will be in Alaska, doing a southbound....we plan to be on that balcony a lot, looking at scenery, etc. We are concerned because these cabins stick out from the side of the ship....we are curious about whether or not the balcony is "boxed in", so to speak...we know it has a cover, but what about the side of it? Does that make sense? We have heard that these balconies get VERY wet when it is raining....does anyone know about these cabins in rainy conditions? Does anyone have a picture of either this particular cabin or one like it? Thanks so much!

We were in B503 on our Alaska cruise which would be the same position as your room on the opposite side of the ship and we loved it. They are not boxed in at all, in fact you can see all the way down the side of the ship to the aft. The balcony is covered so you are protected from the rain. We stood out on the balcony in the rain taking pictures and looked down at the people on Dolphin deck below who had to wrap their cameras in plastic baggies to keep them dry. You will love this room for Alaska.

I have a picture of this balcony but I don't know how to post it here. If you want to post your email I will email a copy to you.

We're in 416 in October.. Could you let me know if wind noise was an issue when you go? Only concern we have ever heard about them...

We are sailing on Coral April 24 to the Panama Canal. We have cabin B431 (which is in the front of the bump out) I also was concerned about this balcony being wide open. When we get back I will report on this type of cabin. I've had "hump" cabins on RCI and loved them.

We were in B503 on our Alaska cruise which would be the same position as your room on the opposite side of the ship and we loved it. They are not boxed in at all, in fact you can see all the way down the side of the ship to the aft. The balcony is covered so you are protected from the rain. We stood out on the balcony in the rain taking pictures and looked down at the people on Dolphin deck below who had to wrap their cameras in plastic baggies to keep them dry. You will love this room for Alaska.

I have a picture of this balcony but I don't know how to post it here. If you want to post your email I will email a copy to you.

thanks for you info! After studying and reading up on our balcony, we have decided to keep it...since 504 is at the back of middle bump out, we do have some protection from rain...like everything else we have been planning, it all depends on weather...rain, no rain, which direction, etc etc etc....lol! When we first booked a room, we had an AA and then we discovered it wasn't covered...so we had it switched...oh, here is my email address:

sahm123 at aol dot com thanks again for your thoughts on our room choice!:D

We had A416 for an alaska cruise a few years ago. This balcony is located at the FRONT corner of the middle bumpout, and had a stunning and panoramic view. The rear corner would have less wind. Here is a picture from our balcony:

What a great picture!!!:cool: Thanks so much for sharing!!

Thanks for the pic, we have the one below..

How bad was the wind, really? Mainly concerned about wind noise at night...

We had A416 for an alaska cruise a few years ago. This balcony is located at the FRONT corner of the middle bumpout, and had a stunning and panoramic view. The rear corner would have less wind. Here is a picture from our balcony:

We're in 416 in October.. Could you let me know if wind noise was an issue when you go? Only concern we have ever heard about them...

Sure.. Leaving in a month. At least with the Panama Canal it will be "warm" air if it's windy.

What a great picture!!!:cool: Thanks so much for sharing!!
my pleasure... Also a great ship with a great itinerary to a great destination :-)

Thanks for the pic, we have the one below..

How bad was the wind, really? Mainly concerned about wind noise at night...

I don't recall any wind or wind noise issues in the cabin...it was really a good location overall. It was windy on the balcony when we were at full steam. But not unbearable...and the panoramic view was just great!

We had B426 on the Island this past Christmas, just a few doors down from yours. Fantastic location and being on the bump out gives you the best vantage point on the whole ship. We went through the Canal and experienced a LOT of rain on our cruise and had no issues with getting wet on the balcony. You picked a great cabin. :)

Thanks. I was thrilled to snag the cabin, but I could very easily see it as a wind scoop. When we were on the Coral in AK D416 always sounded like a freight train was passing but they said they had their balcony door open a lot.

my pleasure... Also a great ship with a great itinerary to a great destination :-)

I don't recall any wind or wind noise issues in the cabin...it was really a good location overall. It was windy on the balcony when we were at full steam. But not unbearable...and the panoramic view was just great!

ShariNTexas - Actually the photo that I was going to email to you was the one that Whale-Watcher posted. I downloaded it to my computer when we were in the planning stages of our Alaska cruise so that I could email it to the two other couples that were joining us. Glad you got to see it--it's a great picture and really gives you an accurate picture of what your balcony will be like. I don't think wind will be an issue as you are at the back of the bumpout section and will be protected by the cabins in front of you. Enjoy your trip!

Archived