Cruise Pier Number for Solstice

mlink87

Hey everyone! We are sailing out on the Solstice come Apr 17, hoping that the virus is gone by then :rolleyes:. We were just wondering, though, what pier number Solstice takes and what it's like there. If we do arrive at say, 12 PM? Would this be alright? We just got an upgrade to the Aqua Class today since prices went down and I called to hackle our Concierge Class to an Aqua Class...kinda excited that we got the handicap room for the larger room area but bummed the shower is different...oh well you live. Fingers crossed no one will need the handicap room and we can stay in the double sized room! Has anyone been in a handicap room on this ship? Are they still the same in decoration and all? Just wondering! CAN'T WAIT! First cruise ever!

-Matthew

Most likely you'll be at Terminal 25, which has become Celebrity's new default pier. Check the Port Everglades ship schedule (https://pevweb01.broward.org/Public/PublicMovements.aspx) before you sail - it's updated about 7 days in advance and always accurate. And even if you don't check the site, the pier numbers for each ship will be posted on a board when you arrive at the port on sailing day.

Arriving at 12pm or even earlier, like around 11am, should be fine. As AQ you will get both priority check-in and boarding, so the earlier you arrive, the earlier you can board. :)

I have stayed in a handicap room on other lines and they will be the same in decoration and basic layout, so no worries there. Some differences will be the shower (larger, with grab bars and a fold-down seat), a wider doorway, and more general space in the cabin so a wheelchair can comfortably move around.

Have a great first cruise!

Hello Matthew,

My husband and I just sailed on the Solstice the 6-13 of March. We boarded at pier 25 around 11:15. We ate in the Bistro at level 5 and I would reccomend this as everyone else was directed to level 14 at the Oceanview Café. Bistro has a 5.00 cover charge and wonderful meals. At 1:30, we were able to go to our room. It was very quick.:)

You board according to the deck where your stateroom is located. We were on deck 7 aft and had a wonderful room with a wonderful balcony. We had lots of storage, the bed so comfortable, great amenities.:p It was very quiet where we were. We never heard any noises at all.

I was checking someone's aqua class cabins on this thread, and they were identical to ours. You may have more amenities such as availability of speciality restaurants, but the layout of the rooms is identical to ours.

When we disembarked, we were at terminal 24. That took a good hour to get through, but we were in no hurry as we were staying an extra day in Fort Lauderdale.

This was our first cruise too, so enjoy. :rolleyes: Check out the nightly karaoke in the sky lounge, the dance band in the main foyer, the picnics under the stars on the lawn grass, the theatre shows, hot glass demonstrations. On the last day of the hot glass demonstrations, they give away their wares. Be sure to attend the last one on the final sea day. They will give you a raffle ticket at the last show. Our neighbours, next to us, won a beautiful glass vase and they were on their honeymoon, so it was a nice momento of their cruise. ;)

Happy sailing,

Sailingintothesunset

Archived