REnfe

Bobocasey

So I went through the English version with no problem, all the way through credit card, and then it wouldn't take my Mastercard. Called the credit card company and they said Renfe never even tried to put the charge through, nothing was showing... I guess I'm going to keep on trying... :confused:

So I went through the English version with no problem, all the way through credit card, and then it wouldn't take my Mastercard. Called the credit card company and they said Renfe never even tried to put the charge through, nothing was showing... I guess I'm going to keep on trying... :confused:

I went through this a few months ago and will tell you to keep trying or use another CC. For your peace of mind all wne well once we got to Spain. The trains are amazing.

I bought post-cruise tickets from Barcelona to Madrid using my Mastercard. I called the bank before booking (Citibank), and everything went very smoothly on my first try. The tripadvisor Barcelona and Madrid sites provided detailed step-by-step info which was very helpful. I was actually shocked that it was so easy and didn't believe the purchase went through until I confirmed it with the bank and received the confirming email from Renfe.

My suggestion is to call your bank first and talk to the fraud department. The Renfe process happened exactly as the bank said it would -- which I did not believe because they did not have a "MasterCard Secure" process (similar to "Verified by Visa). After I provided my credit card info a second screen popped up requesting additional info, and then the purchase was confirmed.

Good luck.

Archived