Online email on the Carnival website?

mostofus

I am not sure I am going to explain this correctly, but hopefully someone will understand what I am saying and be able to help me. Somewhere on these boards, I read something that if you bring your laptop onboard, you can log into the Carnival website (I am not sure if it is the Carnival website, or the Carnival thread on this Cruise Critic board) and you can start a thread that you and your family can communicate with each other on. Does anyone know what I am talking about and how to do this? I am hoping for a way to communicate without paying the high internet fees. Thanks in advance! Sorry for silly explanation!

You can access carnival.com and their funville forums at no charge while onboard. You can use your laptop or their computers in the internet cafe.

It is possible to keep in touch with your family that way, just keep it mind it is NOT PRIVATE.

1. Register for an account with Funville/the forums on carnival.com

2. Have your friends/family do the same.

3. Start a thread and all of you can post to it, thus keeping in touch for free.

Again, just remember anything you post can be read by anyone accessing the site.

After you are registered, and your people you want to communicate are also, when you are on the ship, and you open your browser, a window will come up and ask you if you want to purchase internet minutes,

On the right side, there is a notice that you can browse site for free, and they will have links underneath.

Melanie

thanks so much for your help! Are there computers on board that can be used for this reason, suich as in the kids clubs? I am wondering about using it for the family on board to keep in touch with each other. For instance, if my son wants to skip dinner in the mdr with the rest of the fam, he can post to us "skipping dinner in the mdr tonight" just something generic to us so that we would know? I guess he could just call us in the room and leave a message too couldn't he?

Archived