Radiance of the Seas

AFMSGT

Anyone cruised on the Radiance of the Seas lately who can offer any good info on ship service, food, etc? I've read the reviews, but would like other opinions.

Linking to op's questions, for those who have cruised recently, how is the weather this time of year? And I the water warm enough for beach activities? I live in the south, but you couldn't pay me to get in the water right now!:eek:

Anyone cruised on the Radiance of the Seas lately who can offer any good info on ship service, food, etc? I've read the reviews, but would like other opinions.

We just got off the Radiance this morning actually...I'd have to say that the service was very good...the food in the dining room was good, but the Windjammer was just "so-so" in taste and variety. The salad bar in the main dining room at lunch was a much better choice! The stateroom service was excellent without being intrusive. All in all it was a nice ship....! You can tell though that it looks a bit worn in some areas and is ready for a little makeover soon!

Portifinos = just ok this time around

Chops = Fantastice including desserts. Capt. had a table right next to us.

Dining Room = Formal night delicious including dessert - didn't eat there other nights.

Windjammer = Ususal good and not so good. Sushi = great according to our son. Don't care for it myself. make your own pizzas, cook to order stir fry with steak, chicken, shrimp. Good desserts = bland cookies ok

Shows = Very good for size of ship. singers were great. guest magician funny

spa = stone massage = NICE........

Seaview Cafe = disappointing. very crowded food was medicore. if long line don't waste your time. too bad as it was great a one time.

CD = Dan, Dan, the party man.... this CD has to work at trying to be funny. doesn't come natural to him like Ken, Richard, Semour, etc... does fine for older crowd 55+ dry humor sort of speak he's ok if that...

room attendant deck four close to pursers desk oceanview = fantastic great location and has happy not to be upgraded. perfect location and not noisy. same floor as dining room, Diamond Breakfast.... one floor above = internet station shops,,,, would definitely take this location again over a balcony for a 4/5 night cruise. one deck above and you have the promonade..

any other ?'s just ask. just got off ship yesterday. looking forward to sailing again soon.....;)

At the Seaview, we were lucky to be the 4th in line when it first opened for lunch. The line did go out the door 20+ deep.

Not sure when you went. Maybe you didn't see a line b/c of the quality has definitely gone downhill from when it first started.

It was ok for us at best so we only went that first day at sea. Found the main dining room on sea days had a fantastic salad buffet (Tuti ?) and other lunch choices.

So to each its own.....

Thanks for the cool info folks! hope you enjoyed the cruise. Does anyone have a suggestion on the best ship location for the sail away party on the Radiance of the Seas?:cool:

If you go up on the deck above the mail pool you'll have an awesome view when going underneath the BIG bridge. It looks like a spacing of 2 - 3 feet clearance.

If you leave on time it takes about 40 min. to get out of the bay and then another 60 - 90 minutes before the bridge.

We went under the bridge around 7:10PM. So worth seeing if you never saw this before - very cool.

Enjoy the Radiance... She's a beautiful ship.:o

If you go up on the deck above the mail pool you'll have an awesome view when going underneath the BIG bridge. It looks like a spacing of 2 - 3 feet clearance.

If you leave on time it takes about 40 min. to get out of the bay and then another 60 - 90 minutes before the bridge.

We went under the bridge around 7:10PM. So worth seeing if you never saw this before - very cool.

Enjoy the Radiance... She's a beautiful ship.:o

Ok, this is an excellent tip, thank you very much. I will not miss it!! Thanks, again!!

Archived