Zip lining

vfb2girls

We did the zip line in St. Lucia and it was amaizing!!! here is a picture of one of our friends, if you click on it, it should bring you to more zipline pics.

here is a video of the last line

How many ziplines were there? Any rope bridges? Thanks. My sister is thinking of doing it in St. Kitts, but they only have 4 zips. I did it in Ontario last year where I live and we have 10 I believe. The more the better I say. :D

We zip lined in Belize, it was a lot of fun. I booked direct with Jaguar Paw, which is the company that owns the land where its all done. So if you do go to Belize and book with someone else be prepared to walk because the buses are only allowed to go so far. With Jaguar Paw they take you right onto the grounds.

We took our DSLR up with us. It was no problem, just hung around our neck when ziplining. Can't take pictures while you are flying though cause you need both hands to control the apparatus.

One other question for you St. Kitts and St. Lucia zippers-were you allowed to come in and stop yourself with your hands, or did you have to run into a padded piece of equipment to stop?

Has anyone taken their camera with them?

I took my camera when I did it in Ontario. Had other people take shots while they were waiting their turns on the platform. My coworker(it was through work that we went), video going down one run. I think it depends on the set-up of the zip. Since I did it, I have seen about three different set-ups of ziplines.

We have zip lined in the following ports:

Roatan

Jamaica

Cancun

Belize

Puerto Vallarta

Puerto Vallarta by far was the best!!!! We booked the Outdoor Adventure tour through Vallarta Adventures which included not only zip lining, but repelling, donkey rides, boat rides (saw whales), etc.... Quite the day!

http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/tours/outdoor-adventure

Have fun whereever you try it next!

Were you able to book this yourself? I was just informed it has to booked thru Carnival which means pauing 3 times the price!:mad:

Were you able to book this yourself? I was just informed it has to booked thru Carnival which means pauing 3 times the price!:mad:

WOW, 3 times the price :eek:.

I found that we have to book for our Jamaica zipline through Carnival too. Although there is only a $10 difference. I

I have to start this off by saying "I'm scared"!! But I am doing it! I have ziplining booked thru Victor Bodden - Roatan. Has anyone been thru this company? We are doing the zip-n-dip. I'd like to have all the details I can get. Can I wear flip flops or do I need to wear tennis shoes? Have you taken a camera with you? How do you slow down at the end of the line? Can you get stuck in the middle of the line?

Thanks for ANY info!:D

We have done the zip line through Victor. It was fabulous! It was the most fun EVER! We did wear tennis shoes and took our own camera. Got some of the greatest pictures. The guide even took some for us. The cables are very very safe. The platforms are padded when you land and the guide is always there to help you. The lines are fixed so you automatically slow down as you come to each platform. There was no wait to go. Multiple groups can go as there are about 14 platforms. We got to pet his animals after. There were monkeys, exotic birds, deer, can't remember what else.

IMG_4917.jpg

IMG_4972.jpg

IMG_4942.jpg

The only place (where we have been) where ziplining is not the true experience would be Cozumel.

Ziplining was developed in countries that have mountains and tropical forests....Cozumel has neither.

It is simply gliding from one man made tower to another over flat land.

Archived