Have I been upgraded?

raerom

Booked a Penthouse 3 Guarantee Cabin on Regatta for April 2012. The Oceania web site now says my cabin is an Owner's Suite. No cabin # is assigned. Has anyone experienced booking a guarantee cabin, getting an assignment, and then having it changed? I don't want to get too excited thinking I have an Owner's Suite..if I don't. Thx

I highly recommend you contact your TA or O directly, and immediately. If you have been upgraded you've hit the "jackpot at the end of the rainbow." However, owner's suites are very scarce, and it's likely there has just been a clerical error somewhere. Better to find out now.

No worries, though. The PH suites are wonderful too!:)

Just off the phone with Oceania, agent does not know why Owner's Suite is coming up on my reservation. Oh well, the OS fantasy was great while it lasted! Still looking forward to having a blast in a Penthouse Suite.

Same thing happened to me for my upcoming Splendors From Down Under Cruise. Even though I had an assigned PH3, the summary on the right said OS. I knew it was too good to be true, and eventually OS was changed to PH3. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted!

Several years ago we booked an A3 and I picked the cabin. When I went to pick up my doc's at the TA I noticed we had been upgraded to a PH (even the TA hadn't noticed). Turned out out RP cruise only had 165 pax and they upgraded almost everybody. I assume the people who had our PH got a OS.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I don't think I have much chance of being upgraded on this cruise(Tahiti April 2012) as it is almost completely sold out and there are wait lists that are quite long. My cabin statement is still coming up Owner's Suite though Oceania still says I have a PH3 guarantee. I may not know my cabin number until the day I board the Regatta. I have been dreaming of this trip for 25 years. A broom closet (well a large broom closet with a balcony) will be ok as long as I get to see this paradise!

Archived