Drink Package/Dinner in Suite-Butler

newcruiser09

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but curious if anyone else has ever had the drink package and had the butler serve them dinner in their suite. I'm guessing we'll run down and grab a glass of wine before the butler comes with dinner, but if we want a refill during I'm assuming we'll need to go back and get another glass or will the butler get this for us? I don't really want to pay extra for wine if I'm already paying for the drink package. If you do go get it yourself, can you get two glasses if you have two cards or do both people need to get up from dinner and go to the bar?

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but curious if anyone else has ever had the drink package and had the butler serve them dinner in their suite. I'm guessing we'll run down and grab a glass of wine before the butler comes with dinner, but if we want a refill during I'm assuming we'll need to go back and get another glass or will the butler get this for us? I don't really want to pay extra for wine if I'm already paying for the drink package. If you do go get it yourself, can you get two glasses if you have two cards or do both people need to get up from dinner and go to the bar?

Thanks!

Good question! We are booked in the Penthouse and have the Premium Alcohol package...if we want to relax and dine in the suite...what happenes then?

Good question! We are booked in the Penthouse and have the Premium Alcohol package...if we want to relax and dine in the suite...what happenes then?

Experience from the the last 2 weeks. Butler will bring food & lattes (because lattes are part of the suite package) but no liquor on the the premium package He said it was a bar bottle control policy.

Ok, thanks for you help. Looks like we'll have to take a beak during dinner if we want a second glass. Will the butler just leave our next course if we aren't in the room or do we need to let him know if we'll be leaving?

I'm surprised this question hasn't come up before. I'd be interested in hearing how others have done this.

I suppose the other option is to purchase a bottle but that seems a little much since we bought the package... or just not drinking wine :-)

Ok, thanks for you help. Looks like we'll have to take a beak during dinner if we want a second glass. Will the butler just leave our next course if we aren't in the room or do we need to let him know if we'll be leaving?

I'm surprised this question hasn't come up before. I'd be interested in hearing how others have done this.

I suppose the other option is to purchase a bottle but that seems a little much since we bought the package... or just not drinking wine :-)

Are you planning on eating in suite every night? If not you could just use your wine you carry on board for when you eat in suite ;)

Also as a side note we made friends w/ a bartender and he would often let us have multiple drinks. He would still charge our card but if we were going to get ready for dinner he would give us each 2 beers. Never hurts to try :-)

I am not sure how many dinners you are planning to have in your suite, but I personally would not want to have to get up in the middle of dinner (or inbetween courses) to walk to a bar and get a drink. For me that would defeat the purpose of being able to be comfortably dressed (perhaps even in pj's) and have to travel to the nearest bar to get a drink since your butler can't get it for you. If you only planning on having a couple of dinners in your suite and otherwise spend most of your time at bars/lounges or in the restaurants for your drinks and you feel the package is worthwhile (meaning that you would at least break even with the number of drinks you consume per day to pay for the package) than go for it.

It is for the reason you noted that we did NOT purchase the drink package for our upcoming cruise. Part of the whole reason we book a suite is because we tend to spend a good bit of time in our cabin (when not in port or in the evenings) as compared to others that only use it as a place to sleep and shower and spend minimal time there.

We do enjoy our fair share of cocktails and wine, but we plan on bringing onboard our max alotment of wine per cabin (2 bottles) as well as pre-ordering from celebrity from their gifts department several bottles of wine from them to be delivered to our cabin that we either can enjoy in our room or bring them to the dining room if we wanted to. I realize everyone will have different opinions, but this is just my 2 cents:)

Since wine can sit out, why not each order a glass of wine at a bar/lounge, bring them to your room - and then go back out and order a second round of wine and bring that round back to the room. That way you each have two glasses of wine ready in your stateroom for when your butler brings you dinner. Sarah also had good advice to utilize the wine you are permitted to bring on board for 1-2 in suite dinners as well.

Archived