Do past guest rates ever return after disappearing?

jax430

DH and I are considering sailing on the Miracle out of NYC in August. For various reasons, we are not able to commit yet. We were initially looking at the Past Guest rate, but last week, it disappeared. If we decide to book, we are left with the Fun Saver, which I don't have a problem with, but doesn't have the small perks of Past Guest (choosing a specific room, possible upgrades). Does anyone have any experience with the past guest rate disappearing and then reappearing? Does anyone have any insight into why they would remove it? Thanks!

Are you sure you have the Past guest box checked? Because I just looked at the August sailings for Miracle and the PG rate shows up for me.

Thanks for checking. I do have it checked. I'm specifically looking at the August 26th sailing, and it doesn't come up. When I went to the list of sailings with special past guest rates, it was no longer there. :(

Could be. What this is called is yield management.

I have a friend with Amtrak. He and a handful of other ticket agents have the experience, training and knowledge to do this and are allowed to perform this sort of manipulation without involving top management. I suspect that Carnival has a more sophisticated system. The system they use looks as if it is totally computer generated.

Doc

Archived