Departed SJU Yesterday 3/28

martyap

Granted this was a Monday and fewer ships were disembarking....We were scheduled for a 12:10 to JFK connecting through FLL....We did not take advantage of prior online check in as we did not use the computer on board the Millie.....We had not originally booked an earlier flight based on reading this board:eek:

We got off the Millennium at 8:15 and it took a few minutes to go through customs. We then used a porter to help gather our bags and take us to a taxi....hundreds of taxis are lined up in an orderly fashion.

Twenty minutes to SJU.... Just follow the signs inside the terminal and place all of your bags through the Agricultural Screening....very easy but I can see how on busy days it could take a while.....it's now 9:10.

Did not use the self check kiosks because we wanted to try to get on an earlier/direct flight. Reached the counter by 9:20.......took the last two seats on the 10:30 non stop to JFK......landed in NY at 2:30:)

I can certainly see how this airport can be very difficult when many ships are disembarking but for us the experience was quite pleasant. If you do have an early flight on a busy Saturday or Sunday I would probably suggest self debarkation and beat the crowds....it is possible.

Marty

Archived