Would you get a balcony again?

It depends . . .

I would not book an inside cabin -- I need to see some natural light.

While I do enjoy the balcony, whether I spend the money on it depends upon a number of things. One of the big things is whether our two daughters are on the trip. A balcony gives an extra "room", which is very welcome with four in a cabin. And it gives dad a place to "escape to" while his growing-up-all-too-fast daughters dress for dinner.

Length of the cruise is another thing. I wouldn't spend the money for a 3-4 day cruise because I figure there will be less time for long, leisurely breakfasts or long evening chats on the balcony. If we're going for a week, then we will definately have time to enjoy it.

I would not pop for the price of the suites though. I don't see the point; I really don't see the point of the Junior Suite -- it isn't really a suite because it's all one room. Yes, it's a nicer room, but we don't really need the space and the price is outrageous compared to a regular balcony room.

Archived