Has anyone been to Steel Pan Alley in Roatan?

JacBlack

My family & I are scheduled for our second cruise in May on the Carnival Triumph. One of our ports is in Roatan. My daughter saw the Steel Pan Alley and is really wanting to give it a try. Looking for feedback, tried to book it though roatanshoreexcursions.com and they turned out to be frauds. Caught it in time that we didn't loose any $$ but still had to cancel cards etc...

• 4 weeks later...

My wife and I did this in February, and we thought it was fantastic. In 90 minutes you learn to play 3 songs and get a steel pan history lesson. We did in in the morning and still had plenty of time to go snorkeling in the afternoon. It was by far our favorite day of the whole cruise. It's best to book directly through the Steel Pan Alley website. We highly recommend it!

• 4 weeks later...

my wife and i also went to steel pan alley and loved it. debbie , who runs the school , was very knowledgeable about music in general and the steel pan specifically. the 3 children from her class that were part of our lesson , were all very polite and well behaved. we also learned three songs and some history. it was a great experience that i would recommend to anybody who loves this type of music . her studio is about ten minutes from the pier at coxen hole .

• 6 years later...

I may be resurrecting an old thread, but I have to add a recommendation for Steel Pan Alley. DW and I did it 2 weeks ago and really enjoyed ourselves. Deborah is wonderful and the 4 student teachers were polite and helpful. Our "Mambo #5" rocked! Great fun, very informative and a worthy cause.

• 1 month later...