West cost Mariner Expatriots, what are you doing now?

I don't think Carnival is very different from RCI. I remember the first time we went on Paradise - there were 5 of us Monarch Refugees (and yes, we had T-shirts) and we were all a little nervous. Well, we liked it just fine. Yes, the decor is horrid, but the beds were comfy, there was plenty to do and the food was good (and it's gotten better, as Virginia said).

The main thing is that, with only one ship sailing the 3/4 nighters, there are a lot more party groups than we saw on Monarch. But I'm sure that, had Monarch stayed, we would have seen the same thing.

I can't bring myself to book Splendor while we have a Princess option, though. And I'll see if HAL comes out ahead, too.

Jean, it's the party groups that really worry me, I know that would ruin a vacation much quicker than horrid decor!:D

Redlobster, dont think violence in Mazatlan

was the reason. There is a great deal more

violence in Acapulco happening daily and yet

we are still calling there on the Panama Canal

cruise. It was strictly to make more money in

Europe, however, there is violence in the whole

region there now. Go figure.

Ain't that the truth! I wonder how they're feeling about getting Brilliance back through the Suez Canal. And it's basically a TA since they dropped the Egyptian ports...

Jean, it's the party groups that really worry me, I know that would ruin a vacation much quicker than horrid decor!:D

I don't imagine that you'd find many party groups on the longer cruises, other than at vacation times. And I think that's true on RCI as well. The worst part about the decor on Paradise for me is that there are almost no comfy chairs to sit on. Monarch had the Schooner Bar, Bolero's & the Circuit, all with chairs that felt good to sit in.

The "party groups" are mainly on the shorter cruises, and there were just as many on our short Monarch OTS cruise as were on Carnival. As for the longer cruises, we've done both RCCL and Carnival and there is really not a difference between the crowds.

Parkay, I do think there is a difference between the

cruise lines. Carnival markets itself to a younger

generation although all age groups are there on

sailings.

RCCL markets to families as well as older cruisers.

Of course, during spring break there is an abundance

of young partiers. We experienced that on Majesty

where there were 1900 out of the 2600 passengers

who were between 18 and 25. They were loud,

inibriated and generally rude. Of course I am an

old bat, but didnt realize how small bikinis have

gotten in the day and age. My bathing suit has

a hole in the knee so I can wear it anymore. ha ha ha

West coasters alert. Legend is being pulled from

its asain itinerary from April 23rd through July 16th.

Lets get up a petition for it to come to the west

coast for that time frame. I dont care where it goes

but just that it goes from San Pedro to somewhere.

Would anybody join me on a cruise if it does that????

The "party groups" are mainly on the shorter cruises, and there were just as many on our short Monarch OTS cruise as were on Carnival. As for the longer cruises, we've done both RCCL and Carnival and there is really not a difference between the crowds.

I agree especially on the weekends.......now I have not gone on Carnival since our honeymoon in '83, but the few weekend cruises I went on Monarch, it was crazy..and I thought it was great for weekend fun, once we took our teen sons and I had to explain to them that usually the adults are not this out of control on the longer cruises they knew their parents were going on, the Quest on that cruise was XX rated, believe me it was one wild pax group.

West coasters alert. Legend is being pulled from

its asain itinerary from April 23rd through July 16th.

Lets get up a petition for it to come to the west

coast for that time frame. I dont care where it goes

but just that it goes from San Pedro to somewhere.

Would anybody join me on a cruise if it does that????

What a great idea...hit up your contacts.....

We will be taking a May land based vacation this year (San Diego). We have been toying with the idea of a New Orleans cruise for 2012. A few years ago (while on a Mariner Pacific Coastal...which we LOVED!!!), my Sister-in-law & I began planning a Mother/Daughter cruise for 2012. We would love to return to Belize & Roatan as we really enjoyed those ports. Or, maybe a cruise on Allure or Oasis to the Eastern Caribbean. Not sure what we'll do now as it will depend on a lot of variables (future fuel or airline surcharges, cost of flying back east, 2012 summer ship itineraries & the daughter's work schedules). It was so easy & affordable hopping over to California for a cruise...............miss that so much:(

Not sure if a Mariner reunion cruise would be a good thing. For us, I'm afraid it would be more sad than happy.

As much as we love RCCL, we are beginning to price out the other cruise lines (Princess esp.). I just know I can't go too many years without a cruise!!

Novalab, I think a reunion cruise would be a lot

of fun. Just to see everyone again would be great.

At this time I will not see anyone hardly that I know

anymore which to me is very sad.

Archived