Help picking a cruise

Shellideglman

I need help from some experts and figured I could get great advise from the CC boards. I am trying to plan an all girls cruise for my family. The ages of the women vary from 16 to 80 and of course we have a few with limited mobility (walking can be a challenge). We are hoping to do a 4 day cruise in December or January. My question is what are the best ports for excursions that could cater to an older less mobile group? We are not drinkers so tequila tours and wine tours are out. I am struggling with trying to find the best options and with the multitude of cruises and excursions the CC members have taken you might be able to narrow my search. Thanks for any help you can provide.

I need help from some experts and figured I could get great advise from the CC boards. I am trying to plan an all girls cruise for my family. The ages of the women vary from 16 to 80 and of course we have a few with limited mobility (walking can be a challenge). We are hoping to do a 4 day cruise in December or January. My question is what are the best ports for excursions that could cater to an older less mobile group? We are not drinkers so tequila tours and wine tours are out. I am struggling with trying to find the best options and with the multitude of cruises and excursions the CC members have taken you might be able to narrow my search. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Look for ports that don't require tendering and have good infrastructure and transportation in place at the pier. The available ports will depend on where you are willing to cruise from.

I would look at the Destiny or the Triumph. Off the top of my head they are two ships that I know that are NOT Fantasy class that do four day itineraries. They are also not so large that people with limited mobility (my son is, so I understand) that traversing the whole ship will be an issue.

To me it would not necessarily be about where you as as what the ship offers because every port - except a tender port (which would NOT be ideal) - would be fine and have things that different people with different interests would be interested in.

It would have a nice Club O2 for the 16 year old. It would have a Supper Club if there is anyone wanting a nicer upgraded meal.

I am sure there are a few other ships that offer 4 or 5 day itineraries that aren't Fantasy Class but those two ships come to me quickly.

You kind of need to narrow the search (Norther/Canada, West Coast, Eastern/Western, Jacksonville??) are you driving or port flying to the ports???

Guessing if it's in Dec or Jan you want warm weather. If your on the East Coast Jacksonville has a 4 day to the Bahamas and back but again not knowing where your coming from it's hard to suggest.. Sorry I can't be more help. But You'll have fun no matter where you go :)

Thank you for your responses so far. We are spread out between California, South Dakota, Wyoming, Indiana, Illinois, and Arkansas so where we leave from isn't a big deal somebody will have to fly lol. We are hoping for warmer climates for our trip. My 80yr old Grandmother would like to go into port. She likes to shop but for trinkets nothing fancy. I am leaning towards a 4 day on the Sensation to the Bahamas. Could anyone give me some information on this ship and the ports? I realize after reading some of the replys that I do want to avoid tendering and I am not sure about these ports. Thanks for your help again.

Archived