Help with Celebrity shore excursions in St. Maarten

shabingie

Celebrity Cruisers,

Please help!

I am trying to determine which tour to take . Any insight or help distinguishing the various pros and cons of each tour would be greatly appreciated. We are looking for a little variety in our one day in port.

SM32 Marigot Sailing and Shopping

vs.

SMD3 Magical Sightseeing Tour

Celebrity Cruisers,

Please help!

I am trying to determine which tour to take . Any insight or help distinguishing the various pros and cons of each tour would be greatly appreciated. We are looking for a little variety in our one day in port.

SM32 Marigot Sailing and Shopping

vs.

SMD3 Magical Sightseeing Tour

Neither.

Or you could take an Island Tour with one of the local vendors talked about on this forum.

Or take a local bus ($2 pp each way) to Marigot to spend part of the day. There is lots of info on this forum about the details of doing that.

We go to St. Maarten alot. We will be there for 2 weeks in May. I like to go to town & go to the beach. All your shopping & restaurants are right there.

We have done the Golden Eagle Catamaran many times. It's a beautiful boat & lots of fun. Orient Beach is a good place to go, but sometimes the water can get pretty rough there. I wouldn't go to Marigot. There really isn't anything to do there & it's pricey.

If you take a tour, you can see alot of places. If you have never been to St. Maarten, that would be a good thing to do. Have your tour guide take you to Sunset Bar & Grill.

Search these threads & see what tours people have taken.

Anytime that I visit an island or port for the first time I like to take an island tour. If I can't find a highly recommended one on CC and the government regulates the taxis, then I take a taxi/van tour. At St. Martin they charge per person and the rate is based on how many are in the van so we found several others around the taxi stand and we grouped up. Enjoy what ever you decide.

Archived