Future Dawn cruiser HELP!!!!

DEELOUX

Hi, Our family is traveling on the DAWN in Aug for my parents 50th anniversary. NCL had me get in touch with the people who plan the wedding cermonies for them. They want $1100 for nothing much. Cake for 2 (there are 14 of us, 5 kids), a real minister (we only want a token renweal ceremony) no food, it's extra. Here what I need help with. Can someone check during their cruise and see if someone on board (ie an officer, social director, can read some vows in the chapel. Also will any photographer come and take pictures during the ceremony? Any info will help. NCL refer all questions to this agency with crazy prices. I think since their actual anniversary is the day we are docked in Miami we may try to book a restaurant close by. If anyone knows of one let me know. Sometimes you get better information from the cruise ship people on board than the ones who do the booking. This is a surprise Thanks for any help My regular e-mail address is deeloux@cox.net

Headed out on Dawn 3-20-05. Fresh out of drydock. I copied your post and will put it in my pocketbook and try and give it to someone when on board. Maybe at the CC meeting. If you find out the info before I leave just leave a post for me on my roll call.Hopefully someone will email you.

Michele

• 4 weeks later...

Here's what we did.

We were a group of about 20 traveling for my in-law's 40th anniversary last August. Customer Service directed us to that same outside group, but it wasn't what we wanted.

Prior to August, we sailed the Dawn the previous February and spoke to the concierge about what we hoped to be able to do for them...a renewal service followed by a cocktail party.

We knew we wanted to have the party in the Port Room of Spinnakers, which was conveniently next to the chapel. There was no way to arrange for a clergy person before then. HOWEVER...

Typically, there seems to be a different clergy person on board each week, and our week was no exception. My in-laws were prepared to exchange vows directly to each other, but once on board they sought out the priest for that week and asked if he could perform the ceremony. He gladly agreed.

Next, a quick visit to the photo shop to inquire about a photographer, which they were thrilled to be able to provide (hey, it's guaranteed picture sales!)

The service was performed on Friday afternoon in the chapel as we sailed from the Bahamas. It worked out perfectly. All arrangements were made on board, with the exception of reserving the Port Room and prepaying the party through customer service a few weeks prior to sailing.

I think the party...unlimited bar for an hour...ended up costing a few hundred dollars. They charge by the head with a different price for kids.

Just dug through my notes...

Need 15 adults for cocktail party (we had fewer but just paid the adult price for a few kids).

$14.95 per person

$3.46 for kids

Confirmed with Claudia Reyes at NCL.

CLReyes@ncl.com

She is/was the point person for the Dawn. It was all done within a few weeks of sailing. Took a few tries to get a response from them, I suspect because they only work on these projects as the sailings get closer.

Just dug through my notes...

Need 15 adults for cocktail party (we had fewer but just paid the adult price for a few kids).

$14.95 per person

$3.46 for kids

Confirmed with Claudia Reyes at NCL.

CLReyes@ncl.com

She is/was the point person for the Dawn. It was all done within a few weeks of sailing. Took a few tries to get a response from them, I suspect because they only work on these projects as the sailings get closer.

there is a fax back page that details the party options and contact info. Here is the link.

http://www.ncl.com/download/faxback/cocktail_party_memo.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Archived