What toiletries do i NOT need to bring on Galaxy?

Gamero

Shampoo, conditioner, cotton balls, qtips, etc, etc?? I have heard that some things are supplied in your room (we have a sky suite), but I wasnt sure what exactly.

Thanks!

Gina

Hi Gina-just back from Galaxy last week.Shampoo,conditioner,soap,qtips,cotton balls,shower cap,lotion were provided.We were in a cat 2.I assume you will have at least those same items in a sky suite.Also,each cabin has a hair dryer and nice thick robes.I was in a sky suite-very roomy with large balcony.You will love the Galaxy.Enjoy!

Gina:

If you like your own shampoo, bring yours. If you don't like combo shampoo/conditioner, bring yours. We did.

If you prefer specific varieties of soap, bring yours. (Theirs has a particular scent -- we didn't like it. Based on recommendations from this board, we brought our own.)

Lotion -- unless they've changed brands, it was watery and I didn't like the scent. I prefer unscented and brought my own.

If you have especially thick hair that will need drying after the handle of the wall mounted hair dryer gets too hot to use, bring your own. Preferably, bring a surge protector (multiplug type) and extension cords so you can use it somewhere other than the bathroom -- there's usually only one usable outlet in the room and that way, someone else can be using the bathroom while you're drying your hair. We found a very effective and tiny fold-up dryer at AAA -- most travel stores have a selection. (I have thin fine hair -- it wasn't about a handle heating up but more about something that was more adjustable in temp/air speed and about freeing up the bathroom.)

I don't like using q-tips and cotton balls from an open container that's been out in the bathroom who knows how long -- if you feel that way, bring yours.

As Rosie says, whatever you like to use, bring your own. Get small bottles from the camping store and transfer small amounts, enough for 10 nights, so you're not carrying large bottles. Check out the travel size items in the drugstore or Target or whatever's close to you.

The robes were very nice -- but it was very hot weather when we went and we didn't use them. Oh well.

S

S&J

8-19 July 2002 Celebrity Galaxy

Dec 1990 Royal Caribbean Nordic Empress

Complimentary toilets are provided, hope this helps!

This ship 10/91

That ship 11/95

Whatever ship 12/98

here a ship 13/99

there a ship 14/00

everywhere

a

ship ship 15/05

<font size="3" color=red>Over 1 year</font> into my LMBO cruise

In my cabin on Galaxy last month the shampoo was a wall-mounted dispenser containing shampoo/conditioner combo. I can't stand that stuff so I brought my own. DH was happy to use it, though.

Sally

Galaxy 10/04

Galaxy 3/04

Summit 3/03

Spirit 3/02

Magic 8/00

Magic 8/99

Magic 8/98

This is the first time I've ever seen anyone else complain about the lotion. It stinks. It also totally counteracts with your perfume. I've found the shampoo strips the color out of my hair although my husband also thought it was fine. icon_smile.gif

Zenith from Jacksonville

Feb. 13 05

If you're in concierge class there are 2 hair dryers. The one under the counter is much better and has much more power. I didn't need mine this time on Summit and I don't plan on lugging it on the next cruise. The wall mounted ones are only good to dry the mirror off after a shower!

We always bring our own toiletries. Hubby doesn't mind the shampoo and small bottles of lotion. Me, I can only use certain brands and they don't take up that much room.

Dolphin - 1990

Horizon - 1994, 1995, 1995

Century - 1997, 2000, 2001

Galaxy - 1998

Zenith - 1992, 1999, 2002

Millennium - 2003

Summit 2004

Summit 2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2005;3;11;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Countdown to Summit 2005

As many cruises as we've been on, I am always thankful I bring my own "everything"!!! I have my toiletries bag always at the ready & it just works for me! I like my own brand of everything that I use.

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

Newt:

Just got back from a trip to France, didn't believe you still have to pay for toilets even a urinal. I paid .41 Euros for the priviledge.

Don

Don,

.41 Euros, 50 cents.

A nice vacation, thousands of dollars.

Peeing on Europe, Priceless!

This ship 10/91

That ship 11/95

Whatever ship 12/98

here a ship 13/99

there a ship 14/00

everywhere

a

ship ship 15/05

<font size="3" color=red>Over 1 year</font> into my LMBO cruise

Dkj. Thanks for the memory. I still remember being totally humiliated by a toilet assist. because I didn't have any small bills or change and didn't know there was a charge. I got change and went back to pay and still got an attitude. Should have kept the money and bought a bratwurst. :t

Zenith from Jacksonville

Feb. 13 05

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by brigittetom:

...and still got an attitude.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BT, The French always have attitude, it's not your fault.

NBP [7<sup>2</sup>=49]

Boten, you're always good for a laugh - newtocc

Boten, I want to speak with Mrs. Boten. NOW - brigittetom

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dkjretired:

Just got back from a trip to France, didn't believe you still have to pay for toilets even a urinal. I paid .41 Euros for the priviledge.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And to top it, they removed the "open space" urinals from the boulvards.

NBP [7<sup>2</sup>=49]

Boten, you're always good for a laugh - newtocc

Boten, I want to speak with Mrs. Boten. NOW - brigittetom

Archived