Antigua Zip Line On Your Own?

hoosiergirl34787

Hello All,

I will be cruising to Antigua in June and wondered if anyone has recently take the Zip Line tour on their own. I see on their website that they offer to pick you up at the terminal, take you to zipline, and then take you to the beach. Carnival is charging over $120 per person to zip line only. I am looking to save a little money. Any advice would be appreciated.

Stacy

Hello All,

I will be cruising to Antigua in June and wondered if anyone has recently take the Zip Line tour on their own. I see on their website that they offer to pick you up at the terminal, take you to zipline, and then take you to the beach. Carnival is charging over $120 per person to zip line only. I am looking to save a little money. Any advice would be appreciated.

Stacy

Directly from the vendor they charge $60 for 5-zips, $89 for 9-zips and $105 for the full course which I think includes a ropes course. Their zip & beach combo is $119. That said, I recently took the 12-zip package through RCI and was underwhelmed with their zip lines. If you want to read my less than stellar review, click this link

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=28382150&postcount=10

Greg

Thanks Snowgreg. I have gone ziplining before in Mexico. It was one of the best experiences of my life.

Stacy

I've done some pretty sweet ziplines too with runs as long as 1500'. The best run they have which they call the "Screamer" is only 328' long. If you've done ziplines in the past you may be bored with this one like I was.

Greg

• 4 weeks later...

We were just in Antigua and although we didn't do the zipline tour, our table mates did. They were also less than impressed. Specifically, they mentioned that their RC tour was 4 hours and 2 of those hours were spent driving to/from. In addition, the zipline platforms were crowded and there was a tremendous amount of waiting at each line.

In fact, our tablemate actually timed the amount of time on each line and he said that out of a 4 hr tour, they spent 2 mins and 32 secs on the lines. That's not per line, that's the total for ALL lines.

You do the math...lots and lots of waiting around.

• 2 months later...

We spent almost no time waiting around to do the zips. We spent more time waiting to get in our gear than for anything else. I had a great time on these zips and would highly recommend them to anyone. The scenery was beautiful. We booked the tour on our own and couldn't have been happier. I think if we would have went through the ship, we would have waited in long lines. We arrived right before the bus from the ship.

• 11 months later...
We spent almost no time waiting around to do the zips. We spent more time waiting to get in our gear than for anything else. I had a great time on these zips and would highly recommend them to anyone. The scenery was beautiful. We booked the tour on our own and couldn't have been happier. I think if we would have went through the ship, we would have waited in long lines. We arrived right before the bus from the ship.

hoosiergirl, i hope you can respond to this as i cruise August 2012. Did you go thru Rod Samuel at Antigua Rain Forest Company??? This is who my daugter and I were looking to use, but would feel better with a recommendation. :o

Archived