Suite perk Question Gem

KevinsCruising

Hey all,

We are traveling this Saturday on the Gem. We have 2 AB Penthouses, 1 AE Penthouse and 1 regular balcony. So thats 12 people in the suites and 2 in reg balcony. Whats the chance they let the 2 in the regular balcony do the priority boarding with us and join us in Cagneys for lunch?

I want to do Cagneys lunch but also want to keep my party together for that 1st luncheon to toast a great cruise? I was going to talk to the conceirge at the pier of possibly letting that happen.

Thanks

Kevin, you've been on here long enough to know you just started a heated debate, lol. They will definitely let them board with you but I don't know about lunch. If I am with non-suite guests I usually dine in the main dining room the first day. You'll be the first ones on so why not go to main dining and ask for a nice table near the windows. You will have all week to eat at Cagneys. It what I do, but to each their own. :)

Kevin, you've been on here long enough to know you just started a heated debate, lol. They will definitely let them board with you but I don't know about lunch. If I am with non-suite guests I usually dine in the main dining room the first day. You'll be the first ones on so why not go to main dining and ask for a nice table near the windows. You will have all week to eat at Cagneys. It what I do, but to each their own. :)

OH noo...not a heated debate....will have to cool that one down with a bucket of beer ;)

I would normally go along with the thought, if you PAY for the use of Cagneys, you can use it. If you do not pay for it, then no.

This might be one of those cases where you should talk with the Concierge privately and see what you can do. After all, you have 3 full suites - PAID for.

Just be prepared if they say no,which they have every right to do.

Your friends can definitely check in with you. What happened with us was that we went through the suite line for security and our friends (who were in a balcony) had to go through the other line. (The guard dog at security wouldn't let them through with us, no way no how!). We just waited for them to get through security (this was in NYC) then they joined us in the suite/VIP check in line.

Now once in the VIP lounge the concierge was explaining all of our benefits, including the Cagney's lunch, with our friends standing right there. So I did ask if they could join us for our embarkation lunch (I didn't feel right asking for more than that). She gave us the ok, but just for that one lunch. Later on in the cruise, because so few suite/VIP people were using Cagney's she extended the use of Cagney's to them on her own.

Yes, but to avoid trouble... may just use MDR. We like it there also. :o

Avoid trouble.????....simply ask the concierge..you are only requesting 2 extra people...I would guess that your reservations are probably linked anyway so that should make it easier.

Archived