Cancun Beach?

EagerToCruise

My sister just emailed me from the NCL Dream and asked if there is a good beach to just relax and have a drink and lunch at Cancun. They don't care to shop, snorkel, or any kind of excursion. Just want a relaxing day at a beach with food and drink. Any help would be much appreciated. I'll email her your answers!

im not sure what port they are coming into exactly.....but...if they are being tendered into puerto juarez, id consider grabbing the ferry over to Isla Mujeres and hitting the beaches and dining there......in cancun they can grab a taxi and there are public beaches to go to not that far away....but i cant think of what public beaches also provide food and drinks near by....you could walk to all inclusive hotels and buy drinks maybe, but ive not tried that before....the ferry to Isla Murejes runs every half and hour and only costs $7 per person, round trip....the beach Playa Norte is very close to where you get off of the ferry in Mujeres...the beach there is very nice, as nice as the ones in Cancun.....and you can find plenty of chairs there to rent as well as places on the beach for drinks and eats........and you even have the town right there for shopping if they wanted....

Doubt very much that they'll dock at the ferry dock. NCL usually tenders folks into the dock at Fat Tuesday's area of the beach. Best beach people say is at the Sheraton Towers. To get there, no problem... go across the street/blvd (Kuklakan) that runs in front of Fat Tuesday and catch any bus headed to the right and for 6 pesos per person you can ride it up the beach to the Sheraton which is across from the main shopping mall in Cancun -- its about a 2.5 mile ride. There are restrooms in the Towers area of the Hotel across from the elevators. To get back to Fat's ... do the reverse.. bus headed to the right coming out of the Sheraton and 6 pesos. (PS at the Sheraton I like the hammock park which is on the blvd side, not the beach side, of the hotel.) Enjoy!:)

Archived