NCL and Costa Maya or CCL and Grand Cayman

lostdolphin

I'm trying to decide between two cruises. The Norwegian Star and the Carnival Legend. They have the same itinerary except Norwegian stops in Costa Maya and Carnival stops in Grand Cayman.

There are four of going, ages 28-30. We are going in October.

Does anyone have any thoughts on either of these cruises or destinations.

I have been to Grand Cayman once, went snorkeling but nobody else has been to either place.

I would appreciate any and all thoughts!!

Thanks!!

(I also posted this in the Costa Maya section)

Well I've been to both. Costa Maya is a lot cheaper than the Caymens.

If you guys want a nice beach, water activities and you like to drink, I would go to Costa Maya. We hung out in an establishment called "The Cat's Meow". It's at the beach. Me and my husband ate and dranked all day and it didn't put a dent in our pockets.

When we went to the Caymens. We hung out at Calico Jacks. Also on the beach We ordered 1 Tequila Sunrise, 2 beers and 1 shot of Jose Cuevo. It came to $37.:eek:

Caymens have a prettier beach IMO. Costa Maya beach was nice also. They both have water excursions; jetskis, kayaking, etc.

If they want to swim with the stingrays and money is no problem, I would go to the Caymans.

Just remember the Caymans can get expensive. :cool:

We like both...last year we went to Costa Maya for the first time and absolutely loved Pez Quadro! The AI option there is one of the best deals available! We had a change in itinerary do to storms and arrived on a different day. We weren't sure what would happen with our reservation when we arrived. When we got there they checked us in and had everything waiting for us...they we're great!

I agree, the beaches in Grand Cayman are beautiful and we're going back to GC this year...but I would go back to Costa Maya in a heart beat!

I think you would love either place! :)

Archived