Triumph solo review 3-24 to 3-28

maxbroadway

I have just started cruising solo in the last year. About 8 months after my husband passed away I decided to go ahead and give it a try since we both loved cruising so much. You are correct it is different but still I believe it is one of the best solo vacations you can take.

When I have been on any Carnival ship they have always sat me with other solo cruisers which has worked out great. On RCCL I have never been sat with solo cruisers. I do go to the Maitre D on the first day and check with whom I am sitting. I believe Carnival does a much better job of arranging table mates.

I agree with you also that the Ecstasy is a wonderful ship and we will miss her dearly when she leaves Galveston.

I decided to take my first solo this past Feb. My late husband and myself also loved cruising. I am now going on my 2nd & 3rd solos unless I can convince someone to go with me.

I hate to see Ecstasy leave Galveston also.

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome review! We were on the April 16th cruise aboard the triumph.

Since I heard you went solo, it reminds me of a couple I saw on the Triumph during my cruise. The couple was a pair of midgets who had their own motorized chairs to get around the ship. You could tell the ship took very good care of them. Now what makes it interesting is that we heard that they were not a couple and that they came on the boat solo. We had heard that the crew was trying to pair them up by any way they could. When I saw them, I thought they were a couple because I never saw them apart. Just wondered if they try to do that to you as well. Trying to pair you up with anyone?

maxbroadway, thank you so much for this great review and pictures. I've been looking forward to the trip down the Mississippi, but now after your pictures & review....I'm so very excited!!!:D Our cruise in July will be our 9th CCL cruise, but our first on the Triumph and first sail away from NOLA. Glad you had a great cruise. And thanks again for posting.

Smooth Sailing Everyone;)

Archived