Vancouver restaurants

emsachs

street and you will find tons of places to eat. Most have a menu posted outside.There are lots of sushi places along there also. If you like steaks and prime rib-try The Keg just off Robson on Thurlow and Joe Fortes is always good.

For unique and fun Mexican fare, try Carlos & Buds (555 Pacific). Located in an old Shell station. It has a large outdoor patio and defines the term "casual." It's located right under the Granville Street bridge!

They have a huge menu - appies, tapas or dinner. Try the lime margaritas on the rocks. Loads of different quesadillas options. Oh, and ask for extra spicy salsa to go with your tortilla chips!

:cool: Starbuck

Try The Keg, its walking distance from Days Inn , I think two blocks, great food and drink and fun place. My wife and I have been to Alaska three times and always hit The Keg at least once before we head home. Great prices, located near Canada Place.

If you want an outstanding, memorable, original (and highly regarded) Indian restaurant, check out Vij's at 1480 W 11th Ave. It's definitely not your typical curry house (no chicken tikka on that menu!)

<http://www.vijs.ca/>

We were staying at the Pan Pacific hotel after our Alaska cruise, took a taxi to Vij's. Had a fabulous meal, great atmosphere -- so good that we went there again the next night! Vij is the owner, very friendly, comes and introduces himself. They don't take reservations, but have a nice bar area where you can wait for a table. (And they serve chai and some tasty little munchies while you wait.) Vij is also a sommelier, offers wine by the glass appropriate to each item on the menu (all wine was the same reasonable price, as I recall.)

I'd almost make a trip back just to eat there again (we live in CT!! :)) We loved Vancouver, and will definitely go back.

Has anyone ever eaten here? I keep hearing that it's one of the greatest restaurants in Canada, and the Chef is a big deal, Iron Chef winner.

I don't have a problem springing for an expensive restaurant, but don't want to pay $100pp for a microscopic piece of chicken and 2 broccoli spears.

Any reviews?

Thanks!

Very interesting - I put in a Vancouver-suburb postal code as my address (which it isn't really) and get $9.99. Put V6X3A5 as your address and see what you get (it's been $9.99 every time I go there).

Murray

Guest enjoycruises

WHOA......I went back in again and because I am already an Entertainment member ( I have a book for my home area.) the price was $9.99 + $5 shipping. I did order one.

Thanks Yukon.:D

WHOA......I went back in again and because I am already an Entertainment member ( I have a book for my home area.) the price was $9.99 + $5 shipping. I did order one.

Thanks Yukon.:D

Hmm..I entered it in and still got USD18.00 but I bought it anyway since we'll be spending 4 nights in Vancouver. I figured the restaurant meals we eat will more than outweight the cost of the book (hopefully nobody on the board tells me otherwise!!). Thanks! :D

I also ordered one before, and I did see the $9.99 price.

I think this price is only availalble to people who bought it before.

The price was still $18 for me about a week ago though. This must be a last minute sale.

there are any number of really fine asian restaurants in vancouver - ranging from the chic and expensive to the very reasonable. since we like to save our money for cruising, i will concentrate on listing some of the latter. the pink pearl on east hastings street or the Flamingo on Fraser near 23rd ( second floor) are both exceelnt places for dim sum. there are many wonderful noodle houses, but our favotite is Hon's which has restaurants in Richmond (33 Road), New Westminster(on 6th), Port Coquitlam and Robson Street near the Pacific Palisades Hotel. lots of delicious food reasonably priced. Many excellent sushi places also. hope you enjoy. Majar

My wife just loves good Italian food. We are staying in downtown Vancouver. Does anyone have recommendations that you have been to for an Italian dinner. Is there a good one with a waterfront view?

Thanks.

We will be in Vancouver in September - our first visit to Canada - and will be staying at the Holiday Inn Express on East Hastings Street. Does anyone have any restaurant recommendations near there or easy access to other areas using public transport.

We enjoy most cuisines.

We've been told about a "must-do" restaurant in Vancouver -- but the person doing the recommending can't remember its name. :rolleyes:

All we know is: nautical theme, wooden floorboards, on the water, when your meal is ready, they run up a flag.

Ring a bell with anybody??

More recommendations... for a wonderful french meal...

L'Hermitage on Robson - absolutely wonderful cuisine!

I know someone mentioned no chains, but this is a local chain that many locals love - White Spot. Some of the best hamburgers - order the Original! Absolutely amazing!

Granville Island is also a wonderful place to eat - lots of small stands where one can pick and choose various items to take out onto the pier and make a picnic overlooking the inlet.

And if in Stanley Park or Spanish Banks or English Bay - the fish and chips stands are a must!

Oh I must be hungry!

Guest enjoycruises

My Vancouver Entertainment book came on Tuesday. That was quick since I ordered it on the 20th, late in the day.

I'll throw out a vote for AQUA RIVA. It's a fabulous restaurant located in a building right next to Canada Place with great views of the water and any cruise ships in port. The menu is very West Coast - lots of seafood options (crab cakes/cioppino/roasted salmon, etc.), and wood-fired grilled items. Every meal I've had there has been wonderful, and prices are reasonable for downtown. The location can't be beat....it should be easy access for anyone staying downtown.

http://www.aquariva.com/

Highly, highly recommend!

Also, someone inquired about Lumiere....yes, it is run by Rob Feenie, who was a winner on Iron Chef America. It's upscale and pricey - but great! :)

Anyone interested in trying Rob's food in a more casual atmosphere and for a more casual price may want to check out Feenie's, his bistro. The Feenie burger is a triumph!

http://www.feenies.com/pages/index.htm

Sen5es (yes, it should be spelled that way! ;) ) is a great stop if you're interested in an afternoon pick-me-up on your sightseeing days in Vancouver. They sell a wonderful range of pastries and chocolate goodies - be sure and check out the brioche, Valrhona chocolate cookies, and the chocolate sparkle cookies.

Finally, another great option for dinner in town is Chambar.

http://www.chambar.com/

The food is incredible here - the Belgian waffle with chocolate for dessert is to die for!

Oh - and if anyone is interested in inexpensive Indian food, my vote goes to Sitar, in Gastown (also very close to the cruise ship terminals).

Enjoy your dining in Vancouver - there are so many great places to choose from!

Archived