Vancouver restaurants

emsachs

The seafood places sound great! However, I'm the only one in my family that eats seafood. Can anyone recommend good restaurants in Vancouver that aren't mainly seafood? What is the price range?

Almost any restaurant in Vancouver will have items other than seafood on their menu - some have more than others, but it's definitely not hard to find meat for dinner in Vancouver! ;) Many of the recommendations here will still fit the bill for you.

As to price range - it really varies. Burgers at White Spot will run you about $9 CDN, and wood-fired lamb at Aqua Riva is about $28 CDN. It really all depends on the restaurant - location, menu, type of dining. I would say that our prices are very on par with what you would expect to pay in any other city - only in CDN dollars, and provided the class of restaurant is the same. There are definite dining bargains in Vancouver, and we have our share of very upscale places, too.

A lot of restaurants are very good about posting a menu, so you can check out the offerings and prices before you make a decision.

Just booked the Hermitage on Robson for this Sunday. They have a coupon in the Entertainment Book so it should make the dinner very affordable. The French man who took our reservation was very warm and helpful over the phone. I'll report back in a couple of weeks on how it went.

We are also dining at the sister restaurant of Lumeir. I am not sure of the name since my husband chose it, but we watched Iron Chef this last week and my husband said we are eating at his "bistro," it is less expensive but he said the menu looks good.

Just two more days and we are off to Vancouver for our pre-cruise stay!

noodle..........have a great cruise! Be sure and post when you return.

So is the Entertainment book selling for 9.99 for those who have purchased one previously? because I see it for 18.99 currently

• 5 weeks later...

We had a great time this week at Joe Fortes, which is at Thurlow and Robson I believe. We dined Al Fresco on the roof and the soups, salads, beef and fish our grouped consumed was all wonderful and the service was spot on. They also have a great Oyster Bar.

We are thinking of having lunch at Joe Fortes on Saturday prior to our cruise. Do you happen to remember the lunch hours?

We are taking quickshuttle from SeaTac and hope to make it by 1-2pm. We are staying at the Hyatt and from the map, it looks just down the block.

Planning to use thier on line coupon also!

Jacquelyn :D

We are thinking of having lunch at Joe Fortes on Saturday prior to our cruise. Do you happen to remember the lunch hours?

We are taking quickshuttle from SeaTac and hope to make it by 1-2pm. We are staying at the Hyatt and from the map, it looks just down the block.

Planning to use thier on line coupon also!

Sorry I do not. We were there for dinner. You can call them at 604.669.1940. Too bad I didn't know about the 2-1 coupon as there was 9 in our group! :D

We just got back and had dinner at Joe Fortes. Awesome. Best oysters I have ever had. My husband had salmon. But there was also non-seafood on the menu. We really enjoyed it. I will say that there seem to be at least a million restaurants in Vancouver -- I have never seen so many restaurants packed into one small place!

• 1 year later...

And took advantage of the low price on the Entertainment Book- we'll be there Saturday afternoon thru Monday afternoon, when we board the Island Princess. My husband is really wanting to eat King Crab legs while we are in the Pacific Northwest- any recommendations for restaurants closeby? (We are not planning to rent a car) We are meeting some friends at a restaurant on Grouse Mountain one night- I am leaning towards Aqua Riva for our other dinner. Thoughts? Suggestions? :)

It was the nicest day of our trip to Alaska! We also dined on the outdoor patio. Saw the Canada & American Flags flying off the top of a bank, I believe. Fish Duo was really great and so was the dessert!

Sad there is no more coupons! But it will be a while before I'm back in Vancouver!

Happy Cruzin' All!

Archived