Fantasy Verandah Deck Inside Cabin

jhynes97

Please tell me pros and cons about being on the verandah deck-Fantasy. I am traveling with my husband and 9 year old. Is it close to the water slide and is there a lot of motion felt there? I am hoping I didn't make a bad choice when booking. V24 is the room number (inside cabin). :o

Hi jhynes!

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

First of all click on this thread here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=298868

This will give you lots of pictures of the area around your cabin!

Personally, if I have to book an inside room on these class of ships - then I book these on the Verandah Deck.

My first question to you is...

Have you all ever been on a cruise before?

That will make a difference on how I can explain the pros and cons of this specific location of these inside cabins?

Let me know, and it will make more sense in my answers to you!

I have cruised before. We had a porthole room. I don't recall the level we were on. It was on RC. I am worried about my daughter feeling sick, even though she has been on a small boat before and she doesn't get motion sick in the car.

With that being said, is the verandah deck close to anything? Any noise issues? Thank you for your quick reply!

V24 is actually a great cabin choice for the insides on Verandah Deck!

Let me give you some quotes from previous people (including myself) who know a lot about staying in that specific area:

One of the many reasons for booking those Verandah Deck cabins are:

#1 There are so few cabins up there, it is the quietest, non-traffic, "exclusive" area on the ship.

There will be people wandering around on sailaway, but then they'll forget about that deck and area for the rest of the cruise.

#2 It is so convenient to so many things. Quick walk to lido, and super easy to go grab food and bring it back to the cabin.

Directly down the stairs to the main showroom.

#3 By booking this cabin on V Deck, as opposed to Riviera - you get a semi-exclusive private deck out front! Mere steps from your cabin door, whenever you want air, ocean views, etc. There is the deck out front.

And Darth Grady is correct, in that (as I said above) after sailaway, which seems to be the one time that most people "find" it - it will be barely used and mostly "just you" the rest of the cruise.

#4 When two people in the cabin are getting ready for dinner, a secret trick is to have one person run upstairs and use the spa showers and facilities to get ready. Those spa showers are fantastic, and so convenient - it's almost like having a second bathroom.

All of those are the extra "secrets" of those inside cabins.

Shhhhh. Don't tell too many people...;)

After being on the Riveria and Empress, we only stay on the Verandah or Panorama decks. We like the lack of people and they have an outside deck very near that not many people find.
I've never stayed in one... but my favorite deck on the Ecstasy and Elation and Fantasy is the Verandah Deck -- because of the bow deck!!! I LOVE THAT PLACE!!! In the midle of the night, it's WONDERFUL!!! I'll lie on the deck and stare at the stars!!! I could never ask for more!!! I know I'll book an inside someday -- to save money -- and when I do, it will be on the Verandah!!!
We have V8 booked in July, I thought about gym noise, but we are seldom bothered by noises.

I had a friend who always asked me after trips about the hotel room..could you hear the neighbors,

could you hear talking in the hallway, Ice machine, elevators????? all these questions.

I seldom notice any of this, but then again, my wife says I never hear her either.:)

We love the Verandah deck...the only place that we will book. It's so quiet and there is hardly anyone in the hallway unless they are booked on that deck. I think you will love it!:)

There's some personal quotes for you...

Let me know if that answers your questions' date=' or if you have any more specific questions for me...

Hope this is helpful!

PS I'd really check out and look through the thread I posted before...

I've done personal maps and pictures (throughout the thread) where you can see the actual "free secret" deck that you have right down the hallway!

But you can also read lots of people who absolutely love that area, and will only book there - and others who don't like it - but you can read through all the pros and cons, and then really manage your expectations.

It seems to me that the only people who end up not liking it, are people who just didn't research the pros and cons before they get on the ship. I think that the people (like you) who really look at all the benefits and the area before they cruise - end up really appreciating the secret quirks or that deck![/color']

Archived