Pre-Cruise Hotel Miami for 1st Time Cruiser 6/25/05

Wolftaz

I am looking for a hotel for a group of 10 for Miami for 6-25-05. We are all 1st time cruisers and have never been to Miami before. Our flight arrives at noon on Saturday, so we have the whole day in Miami and were looking for suggestions as far as sights and of course a hotel. Would like to hear opinions on what area (airport, downtown, South Beach...) would be best to stay. Any input and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Try the Intercontinental.

This is a very nice hotel located in the downtown area just off of Biscayne Bay. It is just a few steps away from Bayside Marketplace which is a popular outdoor mall area that contains several shops, a Hard Rock Cafe, etc. They also have live entertainment sometimes.

Rack rates for the hotel can be expensive but we were able to get it at a government employee rate a couple of years ago for $85 / night in November.

Be forewarned that this is not an inexpensive hotel. They have a martini bar and restaurant where a continental breakfast can run upwards of $12 - $15 pp. You can eat many of your meals at Bayside if you choose.

I will check the Intercontinental and see what there rates are for that time period. I have also thought about using priceline, but somewhat hesitant. I have never used them before and I am not sure what area I would want to check on in Miami. Thanks for the input.

Archived