Carnival Spirit - March 27 - April 1 review (long)

You wont freeze I THINK :eek::) you wont be overheated & sticky for that week being outta orlando at least! We tried the Steakhouse on the SPIRIT & it was pretty good if you try it but no more live piano guy in the steakhouse(on our sailing) hey a good drink & the hot pool/spa will help plus the thick robes! I HATE the cold too! the cappachino/expresso is no charge & good during DINNER in the MDR!

I hope I won't. I almost melted when I was visiting friends in Phoenix though. I grew to love drinking WATER. I get cold quite easily - lived in Northern Minnesota for 8 years. So glad for being here now. Will have to think about steakhouse. Rarely eat beef. The piano bar is where I am going to check out. Never knew the fun there.

Ohhhh...warm robes. And socks. A nice hot toddy after a warm up in the hot tub. hmmmm.....Good to know the expresso & cappachino are free, too.

Went to Spokane, Wa & Idaho last May about same time. I just about froze despite bringing extra layering clothes. High 30's and low 40's. We will go again but later in summer. Loved it. Cold went right through me.

We were on the cruise, too. Sorry to hear about the smokers on the balcony - that's why we don't book them. Carnival called us at 5AM the day of the cruise to tell us they were going to upgrade us to a balcony for free. We turned it down.

I won the Mixologist competition. Did you try one of the drinks?

hey "serangel71" couldnt download pics here but im in the process of a new photobucket acct. when its up I have a small snippt of pics from the SPIRIT take a look & anyone else who does feel free, enjoy! love the SPIRIT, Just got it wokring heres the link http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j378/luvcruising007/?start=all

We were on the cruise, too. Sorry to hear about the smokers on the balcony - that's why we don't book them. Carnival called us at 5AM the day of the cruise to tell us they were going to upgrade us to a balcony for free. We turned it down.

I won the Mixologist competition. Did you try one of the drinks?

No I didn't try out your drink, I'm sure it was delicious though!!! :p

Here are some of my photos... slowly organizing /uploading:

IMG_2117.jpg Leaving San Diego

IMG_2124.jpg

IMG_2140.jpg

IMG_2147.jpg

IMG_2148.jpg Warm melting chocolate cake...I don't care who you are, you will love this!!

We were also on this ship and I will agree, 5 days just doesn't seem long enough.

We were on the Splendor last year for spring break and it seemed as if it was much rowdier than the Spirit was this year.

One thing to add. We didn't feel the service was as good. There were staff that were exceptional and then some that seemed tired. Just our opinion. Always give extra tips as they all work hard.

hey "serangel71" couldnt download pics here but im in the process of a new photobucket acct. when its up I have a small snippt of pics from the SPIRIT take a look & anyone else who does feel free, enjoy! love the SPIRIT, Just got it wokring heres the link http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j378/luvcruising007/?start=all

Thank you for sharing the pics. We will be cruising the Spirit in Sept. I see that you had an obstructed inside cabin. Do you mind sharing which one you had and how it was? We have booked one for the fall for three adults.

Thank you for sharing the pics. We will be cruising the Spirit in Sept. I see that you had an obstructed inside cabin. Do you mind sharing which one you had and how it was? We have booked one for the fall for three adults.

Yup you will love the SPIRIT its one of my fav. ships cause of the layout & design! I had room 4140 twice in a row I love that room! 4140 & 4141 are between the lifeboats & is above the shops area so its quiet there at night! The only thing im not sure of is if 4140 or 4141 can hold 3 people! But according to carnivals deckplans I just checked them out, hate to give you the bad news the best between the lifeboat cabins only sleep 2? but there are a few that have a convertible sofa for a 3rd & its kinda between the lifeboats & a 3rd bed which is a bunk bed has no view! http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=SP&icid=CC_Carnival%20Spirit_248 thats the link to the deckplans! Goodluck & the french door rooms are great

Nice pics! thank you for your review. What cabin were you in. We had 8222, 8224 and 8226. I would also pay more for a non smoking area. We hardly used our ext bal for the same reason.

We were in 7185, a very nice mid-ship cabin.

Here are some more pics:

IMG_2231.jpg

Tender between ship / cabo

IMG_2242.jpg

Norwegian ship

IMG_2243.jpg

Looking back at Spirit

IMG_2255.jpg

dropping off folks at Medano beach before our tour of the coast

IMG_2261.jpg

Lover's beach?

IMG_2334.jpg

Some lucky billionaire or multi-millionaire owns that nice boat? British flag, nice chopper onboard... what a life...

IMG_2338.jpg

back on Medano beach

IMG_2339.jpg

beach is fairly busy

IMG_2355.jpg

delicious seafood soup at The Office (popular restaurant)

IMG_2356.jpg

lucky dog

IMG_2362.jpg

tons of vendors

IMG_2486.jpg

long line back to the ship at 2pm. See the golden pirate...must be hot!

IMG_2487.jpg

more lines

IMG_2488.jpg

There was a cub 4 life or some shack, where visitors could pet / take photos with lion and tiger cubs for $25. Pretty suspicious that an animal rights group would do that with lion / tiger cubs...

Archived