Are we NUTS???

topspot

We would like to try Carnival for a Thanksgiving cruise. Our return flight is out of FLL at 1145 on disembarkation day (Sat. Nov.26). If we do self disembarkation, rent a car and drive to FLL would we have enough time:eek: or are we cutting it too close. Thanks for your input

I am flying into FLL for my cruise out of Miami in October and booked my return flight for 1pm. I'm told that FLL is about 40 mins without traffic from Miami. Not knowing when you'll get off the boat and just the crowds at the airports that weekend, I think you will have some big lines at check in and security. I would think you are cutting it real close.

We would like to try Carnival for a Thanksgiving cruise. Our return flight is out of FLL at 1145 on disembarkation day (Sat. Nov.26). If we do self disembarkation, rent a car and drive to FLL would we have enough time:eek: or are we cutting it too close. Thanks for your input

From Port of Miami or Port Everglades to FLL?

Your header says it all. You betcha, that is way too close. Suppose customs decides to be cranky that day. Suppose you have 3800 passengers getting off and one customs agent working. This is just dealing with one possible area of problem.

Doc

Thanks for your quick replies and sorry for the confusion. The flight is FLL, but port of Miami. Your replies have confirmed what we were thinking, that we would be nuts to try this... so we won't. Don't want to stress the whole time we are on the cruise about making the return flight.

i made an 11:55am flight out of ft lauderdale. we docked in miami, picked up or luggage (we were zone 2) and took our own shuttle bus..sunshine...for $20.00 pp and was at the airport, bags checked, thru security, and waiting at the gate by 10am. mind you that it was saturday feb 19th, not thanksgiving weekend. i was nervous that i cut it close when the debarktation got closer, but i had nothing to worry about. i know things do happen with delays getting off the ship. next time i will book a later flight if i can.

If it wasn't Thanksgiving time I'd say you may be okay.... Being Thanksgiving (busiest travel time of the year) I'd say don't do it. We cruise every Thanksgiving and once during each summer, and we can definitely see the difference during the Thanksgiving crush.

Archived