Does Chakanab have a swimming pool now?

beach410

They have had a pool ever since we have been there in 2008... However, the pool officially belongs to Dolphin Discovery and has a small sign posted that the pool is only available to Dolphin customers (versus just Chankanaab visitors).

HOWEVER, we have been there 4 times (only once doing the Dolphin excursion) and there has never been anyone monitoring the pool. The last time we asked when purchasing our Chankanaab tickets whether we could use the pool without purchasing a dolphin excursion, and they said, "Yes."

Yes they have a pool. We did the snorkelling and while killing a little time before we had to leave I hopped in the pool. Nobody said anything to me and in fact until this post I had no idea that I was "allowed" to be in it. I never saw a sign about only for dolphin customers. It was a pretty nice pool btw, seemed clean etc.

Archived