Spent the afternoon watching Ecstasy leave out of port 4/2/2011

ticka1

Decided to go and watch Carnival Ecstasty leave out of port today at 4:00 p.m. - wanted to see how long it would take us to get to Galveston too.

Needless to say I got to see the ship we are sailing on in 32 days up close!!!! She is a beauty! Hubby parked the car at pier 21 and we found a place to sit and watch the ship leave. We were close enough to hear all the annoucements onboard. If you are on this cruise we were waving like crazy at everyone onboard. HOpe ya'll have a great cruise - it was gorgeous in Galveston today!

NOW i'm really pumped about getting on the ship and setting sail for our first cruise on May 5th!

I even took pictures. LOL. Hope I haven't bored everyone with my post.

Decided to go and watch Carnival Ecstasty leave out of port today at 4:00 p.m. - wanted to see how long it would take us to get to Galveston too.

Needless to say I got to see the ship we are sailing on in 32 days up close!!!! She is a beauty! Hubby parked the car at pier 21 and we found a place to sit and watch the ship leave. We were close enough to hear all the annoucements onboard. If you are on this cruise we were waving like crazy at everyone onboard. HOpe ya'll have a great cruise - it was gorgeous in Galveston today!

NOW i'm really pumped about getting on the ship and setting sail for our first cruise on May 5th!

I even took pictures. LOL. Hope I haven't bored everyone with my post.

Here is a teaser of photos for you:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/leeusry/sets/72157624429222924/

I did the same a few months ago. I'm an airline crew member and I had a 24 hour overnight in Houston (IAH). I started wondering what I could do during that time, and as a true cruise addict, I looked up the cruise schedule for Galveston, learned that the Ecstasy would be there, rented a car, convinced the rest of my crew to come along, and drove 70 miles to spend the day in Galveston Island, check the area out, and watch the Ecstasy sail away.

I was pleasantly surprised at all the cool restaurants, shops, and architecture near the port, as well as the beaches. It truly made me want to sail from there some day.

Not boring! We enjoy going to Galveston sometimes on the weekends to watch either the Conquest or the Ecstasy sail away. We even went early one morning before our 1st cruise to see the Conquest come in. :D It's a neat experience.

Archived