Nachi Cocum too tame for kids?

afreil

I've been reading the threads trying to decide what to do in Cozumel. Nachi Cocum sounds wonderful to me. But I'm a little concerned that our kids (ds-12 & dd-10) will not be entertained enough. I sure don't want them to start barking about returning to the ship while dh and I are enjoying our relaxing beach time. Anyone have experience taking pre-teen age kids to Nachi? How did they like it?

I've been reading the threads trying to decide what to do in Cozumel. Nachi Cocum sounds wonderful to me. But I'm a little concerned that our kids (ds-12 & dd-10) will not be entertained enough. I sure don't want them to start barking about returning to the ship while dh and I are enjoying our relaxing beach time. Anyone have experience taking pre-teen age kids to Nachi? How did they like it?

I would suggest looking into Mr Sanchos.. it has more activites.. there is a review on this board very recent.. that shows water toys and such... you will still get the AI like Nachi.. and you can pay as you go for the kids... if you are not to interested in the AI..Paradise Beach is very family orientated and just renovated and has a pool as well..

We loved NC last visit....but - if I had my kids they would have been bored...NC is perfect for a quiet, relaxing beach day with benefits of AI. PB the best with kids....Mr. S good too but not as much for kids as PB:D

We are going to Nachi with DS 11 1/2. I guess I am in the minority but I can't imagine my son 'being bored' on the beach. He loves to dig in the sand and just float around in the ocean. We will also be parasailing that day. We really want a quieter beach so we decided on Nachi for that reason. This is also his first cruise and our first port of call.

grobbins,

I think you are on our cruise... Legend 5/29?

If so, that will be perfect. Like you, I think our kids will be fine with a day at the beach to just play in the sand, the water, the pool. Knowing there will be another kid along who is about their age is a fantastic bonus!

We were at Nachi in late December and my 7 and 5 year olds were somewhat bored. I also did not think that Nachi was all that some people here on the boards make it out to be. We were a bit disappointed and are trying Mr. Sancho's this December.

I took my 9 and 11 year old daughters a few weeks ago and they loved it. They swam in the pool, lounged in the hammocks and floated in the ocean. They can be very active kids, but they totally enjoyed the kick back relaxing day. I did bring floats or you can rent them there and I think that really helped. They loved all the virgin dacquiris. When we were in Roatan a few days later, my 9 year old actually said she wished we were at Nachi Cocum again, that she thought Mahogany was too busy. But it depends on your kids. Mine had a great time together, so if yours will hang out together, and have fun, you will be fine.

As everyone already said it is a very laid back place so probably not the best for Very Active kids as they will be bored and the Adults that are trying to enjoy a day of complete relaxation wont be too happy...

We take our kids to Paradise Beach and with the New Pool they just opened it is perfect for kids. For $12 you can get the kids a wrist band that allows them use of all the water toys, floats, snorkel equipment & coconut tree to climb.

The other good thing that is works well is that you have not paid a large amount for an All Inclusive so you are not tied to the resort for the entire day. At PB if you get tired after 4 or 5 hours you can leave and go shopping and you dont feel like you are missing out on something you paid for...

Nachi is my choice for Adults Only

Paradise Beach is my choice for Families

What ever you choose I hope you have a great day in Cozumel.:)

I took my 9 and 11 year old daughters a few weeks ago and they loved it. They swam in the pool, lounged in the hammocks and floated in the ocean. They can be very active kids, but they totally enjoyed the kick back relaxing day. I did bring floats or you can rent them there and I think that really helped. They loved all the virgin dacquiris. When we were in Roatan a few days later, my 9 year old actually said she wished we were at Nachi Cocum again, that she thought Mahogany was too busy. But it depends on your kids. Mine had a great time together, so if yours will hang out together, and have fun, you will be fine.

We are booked for our first time @ Nachi in 3 weeks with 12 and 8 year old sons who are not great swimmers. (We've recently moved to the coast from the midwest, so hopefully THIS summer they will get more swimming practice!)

We have gone to Chankanaab the past 4 cruises that have gone to Cozumel, and the kids do get kind of bored there because they are scared of the deeper water and crashing waves on the rocks. (They LOVE the pool that is technically for Dolphin Discovery customers though!)

I specifically chose Nachi because I thought they could enjoy the beach with the sandy zero-entry to the water and it be non-crowded so as to be able to keep a better eye on them.

We took a taxi to Paradise once and saw all of the crowds/drinking/row after row of lounge chairs and turned right back around and left. Maybe we were there on an off day when there was more partying going on, but at that particular date/time it seemed more geared to older teens and young adults and not very family-friendly with small kids. (Should we have just gone further into the resort to find a less spring-break type area???)

Originally Posted by pjinaz viewpost.gif

I did bring floats or you can rent them there and I think that really helped.

What kind of floats did you bring with you? Just the cheap inflatable Wal-Mart/Dollar Tree type? We've brought the big foam boogie boards on regular vacations, but don't want to haul those on a plane and on a cruiseship! :)

What kinds of floats do they have available for rental? Are they the ones that are listed to double as lounge chair cushions?

Which would you recommend (bring or rent)?

Thanks for your help!

Originally Posted by pjinaz viewpost.gif

I did bring floats or you can rent them there and I think that really helped.

What kind of floats did you bring with you? Just the cheap inflatable Wal-Mart/Dollar Tree type? We've brought the big foam boogie boards on regular vacations, but don't want to haul those on a plane and on a cruiseship! :)

What kinds of floats do they have available for rental? Are they the ones that are listed to double as lounge chair cushions?

Which would you recommend (bring or rent)?

Thanks for your help!

The floats at Nachi are singe person size thick flat foam type lounge floats. They rented for $7 each in Jan but you could keep them all day. One of the ladies in my group had brought her own $1 blow up float, used it most the day and then just left it there when we left, it saved her $6 but her husband nearly passed out trying to blow it up :p

We are booked for our first time @ Nachi in 3 weeks with 12 and 8 year old sons who are not great swimmers. (We've recently moved to the coast from the midwest, so hopefully THIS summer they will get more swimming practice!)

We have gone to Chankanaab the past 4 cruises that have gone to Cozumel, and the kids do get kind of bored there because they are scared of the deeper water and crashing waves on the rocks. (They LOVE the pool that is technically for Dolphin Discovery customers though!)

I specifically chose Nachi because I thought they could enjoy the beach with the sandy zero-entry to the water and it be non-crowded so as to be able to keep a better eye on them.

We took a taxi to Paradise once and saw all of the crowds/drinking/row after row of lounge chairs and turned right back around and left. Maybe we were there on an off day when there was more partying going on, but at that particular date/time it seemed more geared to older teens and young adults and not very family-friendly with small kids. (Should we have just gone further into the resort to find a less spring-break type area???)

Having read your post - I think you will find NC will suit your needs perfectly - the beach is nice & calm........if you just want to enjoy the beauty and great beach - NC will be great...... Not a crazy/ Spring break type place

Was just there in December with my DD's who were 8 and 10 at the time. They enjoyed themselves as I had brought sand toys and their snorkeling equipment. They played in the sand and swam and snorkeled the whole time! They loved it. Hard to believe since it was only about 77 degrees and windy... brrrr!

We will be doing Mr. Sanchos next week as I like to try new things. My biggest concern with the water toys is that in the past I know my kids have had a hard time getting up on to them, which has made it hard to enjoy. We haven't decided whether we will pony up the additional $12 per kid for the water toys yet, but it isn't out of the question.

Archived