Just Back! OASIS Eastern Carib. - ANY QUESTIONS?

Did the March 26 - April 2 Cruise. I'll try to answer any questions.

Big boat, rooms fine, food -no complaints for what you expect, toilets flush nice, getting aboard is A LOT FASTER than getting off, main deck (5) is like a live shopping channel, shows OK - corny like all these places, also lots of corny activities, lots of ways to spend more money, deck chairs by pool are like a sardine can, people from all over the world, mostly nice, cabin attendants a little too intrusive, guard you table at the buffet, get to the first formal night - free champagne, also free champagne at the art auctions,

anything goes on fromal nights white tuxes to t-shirts, brought a sports jacket & wore it for an hour each formal night, islands are nice for a walk-off, weather was great, don't try to sneak liquor on board,

for sick jokes, keep asking people to "press Deck 13 " on the elevators, and say "good morning Sir" to all the staff all day long , no matter what time it is...

found it all a bit repetitive by the end, ...OK, but won't be rushing back for another cruise... maybe I'm missing something.

About the 4th day I started singing the lyrics to the Beach Boys "Sloop John B" song over & over to myself...

1) Did you eat at the main dining room or mostly the speciality restaurants? What restaurants do you recommend?

2) What do you mean toliets flush fine? I went on Carnival and they were so loud so I'm guessing the flush is different =/

3) Are you allowed to bring drinks on the ship like water bottles, coke, etc.?

1) main dining room & buffet only. we had the my time dining.

my feeling on the spec. restaurants is that it all come from same kitchens, but you pay extra for the "surroundings"?

2) re toilets...just a random thought of what impressed me, that's all

3) i think? you can bring drinks (cans) (not alcohol) back from the islands.

we did. security is pretty thorough though. i tried it with 2 cans of beer one stop & got caught. had to walk the plank!!

1) main dining room & buffet only. we had the my time dining.

my feeling on the spec. restaurants is that it all come from same kitchens, but you pay extra for the "surroundings"?

2) re toilets...just a random thought of what impressed me, that's all

3) i think? you can bring drinks (cans) (not alcohol) back from the islands.

we did. security is pretty thorough though. i tried it with 2 cans of beer one stop & got caught. had to walk the plank!!

What did you think of MTD? Would you do it again? We're still not sure what to choose...

I'm not sure re MTD .... we didn't really "choose" it. They told me it was all they had left when we booked (a month ago). It was nice to be able to go when we wanted, it was pretty easy to change our times if we wanted to, and we always showed up late & still got table right away.

It costs $85/person more, because gratuities are pre-paid.

You'll have to decide.

Did the March 26 - April 2 Cruise. I'll try to answer any questions.

Big boat, rooms fine, food -no complaints for what you expect, toilets flush nice, getting aboard is A LOT FASTER than getting off, main deck (5) is like a live shopping channel, shows OK - corny like all these places, also lots of corny activities, lots of ways to spend more money, deck chairs by pool are like a sardine can, people from all over the world, mostly nice, cabin attendants a little too intrusive, guard you table at the buffet, get to the first formal night - free champagne, also free champagne at the art auctions,

anything goes on fromal nights white tuxes to t-shirts, brought a sports jacket & wore it for an hour each formal night, islands are nice for a walk-off, weather was great, don't try to sneak liquor on board,

for sick jokes, keep asking people to "press Deck 13 " on the elevators, and say "good morning Sir" to all the staff all day long , no matter what time it is...

found it all a bit repetitive by the end, ...OK, but won't be rushing back for another cruise... maybe I'm missing something.

About the 4th day I started singing the lyrics to the Beach Boys "Sloop John B" song over & over to myself...

Thanks for posting! Any chance you can post the Cruise Compass sheets for this cruise or send me a copy? I'm dying to see the daily events. We're going on May 7. Did you buy the wine package? Did you try an excursion? What was your favorite activity?

Thanks!

- sorry, I dont have the Daily sheets.

- Yes I did buy the Gold (cheapest) 5-bottle wine pkg. The cost of it worked out to around $27/bottle. So I checked the prices of the wines offered in the pkg. against the price on the DR wine list. the most expensive one was $35 on the wine menu, so I ordered 5 bottles of that fella!!!

- no, we're not excur$ion$ people. we just got off & wandered around & came back. to each his own.

- favorite activity ...hmmmm tough one. didn't have many "favs"....

prob. eating & drinking ...oh & Marty Daniels in the golbe & atlas pub put on a good show...

I'm not sure re MTD .... we didn't really "choose" it. They told me it was all they had left when we booked (a month ago). It was nice to be able to go when we wanted, it was pretty easy to change our times if we wanted to, and we always showed up late & still got table right away.

You'll have to decide.

I heard you have to eat with other guests at the same table if you are in MTD. Did that happen to you?

Edited by ChickonRules

nope. you have a choice. we asked for table for 2 each night & that's what we got.

also re wine. pkg.

you get wine in DR & you can take any unfinished back to room & bring back next night . ( that was never a problem foer us HIC! but just to let you know.)

nope. you have a choice. we asked for table for 2 each night & that's what we got. no problemo.

Did you guys have different waiters and tables every night? We don't really like sitting at the same table every night because the last cruise we went, we had a bad sitting area in the back and we couldn't see anything going on.

Again, I think it's your choice. we didn't ask for same table. we just asked for table for 2. sometimes they would lead us to the back or somewhere not nice so the wife would find a nicer table & say "Oh , that one would be fine." & we'd just go sit there. drove'em crazy of course 'cause it fooled up their whole computerised seating system. & the waiter & maitred' would come scurrying around & say it wasn't avaialable etc. hahahah who cares??? it is now!!

1) did the ship feel crowded at all?

2) did you use the gym, if so how are the facilities?

3) was there a strategy you used in exploring the ship? I know that's a silly question, but from what i read, the ship is sooo big, i feel like I will miss something! Thanks!

You'll have to decide.

It only costs more if you decide not to tip the suggested amounts. Otherwise it is simply a matter of paying up front or paying at the end of the cruise.

We just did MTD on the Serenade of the Seas...assuming they're all the same (??) here is our experience:

When I originally booked, we picked one time (6:00 pm). But...there was the option to change to different times...even a different time for each night... On the day we boarded we went to the dining room and changed a couple of the nights based on our excursions... Then the 2nd night my hubby ended up in the medical facity for several hours and we missed our time. We called down and even though it was 2 hours after we should have been there, they said come on down. We had a table for two each night, and the same waiter (who was excellent!) every night. We found it to be very flexible and accomodating...but again, this was a different ship.

stitchli - ship was always crowded. captain announced there were nearly 6000 guests aboard + 2000 or more crew. crowded? yeah.

- went to gym every day. best gym I"VE been to!!! crowded on sea days, not crowded on shore days. plus a nice track to run outside of deck 5.

- there's floor by floor maps of the ship everywhere + by the elevators.

just go to a deck & wander around or look for something on the map & go there.

dhk: we had reservations, but we never seemed to make it on time. but we still got seated when we did get there.

there is also another line where they seat MTD guests with NO reservations for that nigh. that line seemed a bit slower , but still seemed to move quickly.

all in all MTD was no problem.

Again, I think it's your choice. we didn't ask for same table. we just asked for table for 2. sometimes they would lead us to the back or somewhere not nice so the wife would find a nicer table & say "Oh , that one would be fine." & we'd just go sit there. drove'em crazy of course 'cause it fooled up their whole computerised seating system. & the waiter & maitred' would come scurrying around & say it wasn't avaialable etc. hahahah who cares??? it is now!!

LOL so did you end up moving to a different table or remain sitting there? If they give a table somewhere we didn't like, could we request for a better area?

No. we just stayed at the new table. I think we did that twice. other nights it was fine. If you dont like your table , just look for a better one & go there & stay there ...hahhahaa no big deal....

then if you like, just ask them to seat you in that same area for other nights.

No. we just stayed at the new table. I think we did that twice. other nights it was fine. If you dont like your table , just look for a better one & go there & stay there ...hahhahaa no big deal....

then if you like, just ask them to seat you in that same area for other nights.

Wow I find this a lil bit rude. At least your honest about it. Why not even stop and wait to be seated, just walk in and sit where ever you want to. I understand asking to be sat somewhere else but to pass a table and just sit there. What if the couple who just came in behind you was being brought to that table? Would you have moved? or just stay there and be king and queen for the night?

And the food is not all cooked in the same kitchen. Its freshly made at the specialties.

Wow I find this a lil bit rude.

And the food is not all cooked in the same kitchen. Its freshly made at the specialties.

No, it's not just a lil bit rude, it's ignorant as well. As were the comments about the specialty dining.

R&D.