suggestions about tour

lucy2mb

I am helping a couple who have never been on a cruise. In Grand Cayman, they don't want to go to the beach and are thinking about a tour of the island. I would like to hear from people who have gotten off the ship and found something without booking through the ship. What would it cost doing the island tour this way. Do you recommend that? Any other suggestions of something to do at grand cayman that is not the beach, turtles or butterflies.

Thanks for your help!

I am helping a couple who have never been on a cruise. In Grand Cayman, they don't want to go to the beach and are thinking about a tour of the island. I would like to hear from people who have gotten off the ship and found something without booking through the ship. What would it cost doing the island tour this way. Do you recommend that? Any other suggestions of something to do at grand cayman that is not the beach, turtles or butterflies.

Thanks for your help!

We hopped in a cab at the pier for $20pp and did an island tour. We made stops at the rumcake factory/outlet, Hell, the dolphin park/turtle farm (turtle farm is across the street from the dolpin park. 1/2 the cab looked at dolphins and the other have did turtles). We then got dropped off at 7 mile to hang out before heading back closer to the ship for shopping and eventually leave.

I have heard of others doing similar island tours for $10-15 pp so the price may depend on where you go and the driver you talk to. There are plenty of cab drivers at the pier willing to take you around, so you should have no issues getting a tour this way if you want to.

Have fun!

Archived