Early saver success!!

I just have to say - early saver rocks! I faithfully check the website several times a day with the little hope of a price reduction. On our last cruise, it never went down, only up - up - up!!! Imagine my surprise on Saturday when I checked our price, and it went down $20 per person. I was so excited that I called my mom (who is also booked as a single in her own cabin) and had her log on and make sure I was reading properly. :rolleyes: I filled out the form - did two since we have two separate booking numbers. And first thing this morning, we received an e-mail saying that the balance owed was reduced $40 for each room. :D:D:D:D So for all those who don't believe you will ever get a drop - keep checking!

i am glad there is hope! i check everyday for ours and to my surprise, the price went up 20 bucks a person! aye aye aye... i jsut wonder if because we got a suite, we might not get any reduction?

side note: hubby wanted the suite with vip check in... i wanted just a balcony (hi... cheaper!), but since we are going a long ways away he said, we might as well since we have time to pay off our balance!

but i will keep checking faithfully, maybe there will be some reduction dust splattered on our cruise... one can hope right??:)

steadily gone down per my prior post in this thread. ES has dropped off as well as Past Guest. Today there is a "West Coast Sale" but the prices are still $100 higher than my lowest price. My thoughts are I may not see alot of OBC as there are not a ton of OV's left (55+) and we are 5 months out. There are a whole lot of Balconies (100+)however. So I anticipate those rates may drop and we might get the upsell call or email down the road. I'd be shocked if they drop to the OV rates..that would be a $400 drop..We can always hope.:rolleyes:

As long as I know I got a good deal, paying the lowest rate available to me, I'm all good!:)

I been checking daily as well...with no luck until last Thursday...

Used Carnival's FareViewer, selected the "Residency" and checked the "Past Guest" box. To my surprised! There it was, a lower price under "Resident Rates". I'm in California, cruising out of San Juan...not sure how Carnival consider "Resident" but I'll take it!

It was a very small price drop but i was excited. :D Completed the on-line form right away on Thursday. Got an email Saturday with my new balance.

My very first ES request...very simple!

Congrats! We weren't so lucky! We have only gotten one $20 OBC from ES... we bought the second to last aft view extended balcony but hoped the last would hold on! No such luck... lol Guess that is what happens when you book the more popular categories! We are thankful for what we get and are still holding out hope for a possible upgrade fairy visit though... we shall see! :cool:

WhoooHooo! Because of this thread I decided to go ahead and check even though I have been checking and nothing was changing. It is $100 dollars cheaper today! I figured with it so far out nothing would change but it has! Thanks for making me check! LOL:)

We're booked on the Miracle for Christmas (Dec 20-28). Booked it while on our 2010 Christmas cruise. So far, price has dropped $340.00 (total for the 2 of us). Almost didn't start checking, because I thought it was too early...but I guess its never too early!

I booked our Victory cruise on Thurs. for Oct. 9 th on early saver on Friday , ONE day later I checked it dropped $60 per cabin we hqve 3 cabins . I called the TA he was like are you sure that was one day , I'm like yea it dropped , still waiting on the adjustment . :confused::confused:

I check every day at least 4 times...my price went up and up and up...

now we are 17 days away and about two weeks ago finally there was a reduction i got 40.00/per person OBC...not it has been sold out for a week..

I am happy I booked early saver!!

and...when I sent in the form..I got an email the next day saying it was approved and I looked online and sure enough..there it was on my paperwork

Sorry if this has been asked before and for hijacking, OP?!

First time on Carnival...we booked ES. Does it have to be the same 4A? Those don't seem to exist anymore...does that mean no hope of OBC?

If your cabin is not listed, check for the next higher up one.. if the price is the same or lower, than you get the OBC or an upgrade.. I got an upgrade when my one cabin was no longer there but the one above it was cheaper than what I had paid for the original one.. I have now gotten a 2nd upgrade, from a 4D to an ocean view.. and OBC on top of that!

Archived