Ice Skating

I was looking at a January compass and it looks like the ice skating is only on 2 port days for about 4 hours total with 30 minute sessions. Does anyone know if this is still the case and how crowded it gets, since it is so limited. My family was really looking forward to ice skating everyday, so this is kind of a let down.

Yes what you say is true. I can't remember which day(s) exactly the ice rink (studio B) was open on our Western Carribean cruise, but the last day at sea was one of them, with fairly limited hours. Try to arrive at the beginning of the session so you and whoever is ice skating with you can do the full 30 mins. There will be quite a few people, but not elbow to elbow kind of deal, as they all skate in the same direction (counter clockwise).

We had been on Liberty twice before and the kids skated a lot! It was open almost every day and longer hours, and we just walked in and they got to skate. So......we expected that on Oasis last June as well....however, was not the case! :(

We arrived at Studio B only to be told the sessions were all full and we could come back later that day and we had to basically make a reservation!! They are 30 minute sessions and the kids had a ball! :)

Remember to bring pants and socks! Also - anyone who skates has to wear a helmet, which, being an elementary school teacher and constantly worrying about lice, had me worried...but they do spray them after every session (I watched before I would let my kids put them on! crazy I know!) But no helmet, no skating.....:rolleyes:

So...do get there early!

It is for 30 minute sessions, need jeans or pants and socks. My issue was that the zambonie machine or what ever it's called was not used on the ice until right before the ice shows, so it was very torn up. Many people got caught up in the ruts from other skaters and the performers practicing.

so if you have young ones, plan on going out there too and holding on to them. Anyone experienced would hate the conditions, but for the kids it seemed a blast/

Archived