7a obstructed

camper49

I've had a 7A on the Legend and it was not bad at all for the price. The only obstruction was looking down. You are looking over the life boat. We had cabin # 5233. We could see down some because we were between life boats. Nice cabin.

Had obstructed view cabins twice on the Miracle. The first one was great, the second was not. The difference is the life boats toward the rear of the ship are smaller and not as much distraction, especially if you have a cabin in the middle of two life boats.

just make sure it's not an 7A in the front, as the first 3 lifeboats are taller

I have sailed in an 7A and the view was good, we had a cabin between 2 lifeboats, like the op said you can look out just not down to the water

i think it's a great room for the price.

my last 2 cruise was booked in a 7A but with the price drops, I got an upgrade to an 8K

I am not a picky person I don't need a 5 Star hotel to be comfortable... I tried obstructed view it on my cruise last Sept, going back to aft balcony this Nov. I Thought for the price it was worth a try. I was on the Glory, in my opinion the rooms were very very small. My husband and I had a hard time moving around each other. The view was fine, you could see out, no one can see in but you have to stand on the bed to see the view... but it's there. One thing to consider... I thought getting to the back of the ship was a pain, getting to the front is way worse. I still enjoyed my cruise it's just something for you to consider. Again, it's a good deal as far as price. I was going to book it for my son this Nov, he decided he would rather have an interior so he could sleep during the day and stay awake all night :) Good luck

just make sure it's not an 7A in the front, as the first 3 lifeboats are taller

I have sailed in an 7A and the view was good, we had a cabin between 2 lifeboats, like the op said you can look out just not down to the water

i think it's a great room for the price.

my last 2 cruise was booked in a 7A but with the price drops, I got an upgrade to an 8K

Would the room be the same as a regular balcony?? Like a couch etc...

I had this once and will never have it again. It actually made me feel claustraphobic. I hated it, but that is just my opinion. Others may not think it's too bad. We also though had a forward cabin and all we saw was life boat.

Just had one on the Miracle. It was OK, but if you like to take quality photos from your Balcony, the lifeboats impede this considerably...even looking straight out, and not even considering down. Other than that they are OK.

• 2 weeks later...
One thing to consider... I thought getting to the back of the ship was a pain, getting to the front is way worse. I still enjoyed my cruise it's just something for you to consider. Again, it's a good deal as far as price. I was going to book it for my son this Nov, he decided he would rather have an interior so he could sleep during the day and stay awake all night :) Good luck

Why is getting to the front hard?

Archived