Aarrgghh-Pirate Birthday?

Funshine1

Please help-couple questions I have not seen posted.

First time cruising (and posting-hope I get it right). Will be going on the

Carnival Imagination to Nassau (Friday-Monday) and can't wait!

Traveling with DH, DD (6 years old), DS (3 years old), Mother-in-Law, and My Parents. Decided to try cruising and are coinciding with my son's birthday. It will be a surprise for the kids. We want to have a pirate theme party for our Son's 4th Birthday while we are on board the ship, but don't want to get too far in the planning, if...

While we are in Port I was thinking about the Pirate Museum and maybe visiting one of the Forts (Charlotte?). Also, maybe a carriage ride and authentic island lunch somewhere. (Again, traveling with kids and seniors). Sounds good? Any other suggestions/advice?

In addition, would it be ok with staff and other cruisers if we dressed-up in simple, homemade pirate costumes for lunch in the MDR (on Sunday)? Maybe put a few decorations and goody bags on the table?

Also, could we request cake at lunch or is it only brought out at dinner?

Don't want to distrub fellow cruisers, so am hoping this would be o.k.

We Thank You for any assistance/advice given and am sure we will have more questions as our trip draws near.

Sounds like a cute idea. I don't see where it would be a problem, especially at lunch as the dining room isn't that crowded. I would enjoy seeing a family celebrating in such a cute manner. At dinner or outside the dining room one night they generally have a pirate going around for photo ops with passengers.

Sounds like a great idea, and something that all the other passengers would enjoy seeing.

I'm sure someone would help you out with decorating the table before the kids arrive to eat.

Maybe find yourself a nice waiter and convince him to wear a pirate's hat and eye patch as well. :D

As mentioned, please post some photos when you get home. :)

Please help-couple questions I have not seen posted.

First time cruising (and posting-hope I get it right). Will be going on the

Carnival Imagination to Nassau (Friday-Monday) and can't wait!

Traveling with DH, DD (6 years old), DS (3 years old), Mother-in-Law, and My Parents. Decided to try cruising and are coinciding with my son's birthday. It will be a surprise for the kids. We want to have a pirate theme party for our Son's 4th Birthday while we are on board the ship, but don't want to get too far in the planning, if...

While we are in Port I was thinking about the Pirate Museum and maybe visiting one of the Forts (Charlotte?). Also, maybe a carriage ride and authentic island lunch somewhere. (Again, traveling with kids and seniors). Sounds good? Any other suggestions/advice?

In addition, would it be ok with staff and other cruisers if we dressed-up in simple, homemade pirate costumes for lunch in the MDR (on Sunday)? Maybe put a few decorations and goody bags on the table?

Also, could we request cake at lunch or is it only brought out at dinner?

Don't want to distrub fellow cruisers, so am hoping this would be o.k.

We Thank You for any assistance/advice given and am sure we will have more questions as our trip draws near.

I wish you were my mom - LOL :-)

In Nassau I would suggest going to Fort Fincastle.

It sits up at the top of the big hill to your left when you dock.

From inside the Fort, you can see most of Nassau, the ships docked and Atlantis, clearly.

(plus it has the cannons still aimed out and if I remember correctly a brig.)

Plus, just below the Fort is the Queen's Staircase which is amazing to see.

Fort Charlotte was decent, but sits down at sea level and is now landlocked with not much of a view. (You can see the ships off in the distance and a nice view of a cricket field. (pitch?)

The Pirates museum was intresting.

Also has a very good pirate themed gift shop. (hats, hooks, flags, etc..)

Wish I could help with the cake question, but we have only done them 5 or 6 times with Dinner.

Best of luck, sounds like lots of fun.

Bill

Archived